garett t3 turbo

glanzaV195

Member +
would fitting a t3 be worthwile? have a couple in the garage along with a civic rad doing nothing and wondered if it would be a good upgrade, obviously a manifold would be needed and downpipe, oil feed and return, would the t3 make it a lot more laggy?what do you guys think:p

C

CaL

yes it would just be lag....rs turbo have good garret t3s....they have lag...then it spools and rips the rs apart lol

glanzaV195

Member +
the t3's that i have were left over spares from my mini turbo, which strangely never suffered from much lag at all, i know what you mean about rs turbos tho they suffer it badly, partly to do with the louzy cvh??? have you tried a t3 on a starlet or know anyone who has?

dantheman

Member +
all the yanks use t3's, check out tercelonline. metro turbo t3 has a smaller back end than a ford rs. i to had a mini turbo and wasnt to bad for lag, considering the engine size

glanzaV195

Member +
must just be ford giving the t3 a bad reputation, as starlet has greater cc than the metro a series and A better flowing head in theory the t3 should perform better and be less laggy again on the starlet than it is on the A series??

Asad

Member +
There are many different type of T3's. As for the one from the mini/metros, looking at what I found the T3's from these have an A/R of .42, hence it carnt be a laggy turbo when on a GT/Glanza. There are T3's from cossies etc which are much bigger and even still some I have heard of been used on the 4EFTE with great results. Although big but still very good when they spool up and hit boost.

Hutch

Member +
my m8 has a t3 on his swift turbo and @ 9psi it made 217bhp at the fly an its fuckin quick!! so ye they r a gud turbo

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
I believe it's used in Malta a fair bit.

Correct, it is THE most popular upgrade on the island!! in fact most gt's / glanza's here run some sort of cossie t3 variant.. there are sooooo many trims & t3 versions that its impossible to list, but usually ppl here go for the RWD cossie t3 ;)

lag is virtually the same as a td04L .. not much over.. but top end pull is massive, btw be prepared to run 20+ psi on that turbo to really get massive results..

somebody here with a haltek standalone & a t3 got 256bhp (on stock internals) @ 1bar ;)

kon

Rory

Lifer
Kon,

So with the Metro T3, the low end grunt will be better than the Cosssie based one?
Results are impresive though, its got me thinking about the T3 in my garage!

Rory

glanzaV195

Member +
ok thanks for all the info, need to look in to getting a manifold then, have seen wepr do one for a t3, whats the quality of wepr stuff like?

glanzaV195

Member +
only ones ive seen are fairly long equal length ones from glanza.co.uk(toysport) anyone know of any others or are these good?

Monkfish

Member +
Go for it, if it's something other than the samey TD04 that produces similar or better results, it gets my vote.

CaL, CVH turbo's are shit. phear teh pushrod :p

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Kon,

So with the Metro T3, the low end grunt will be better than the Cosssie based one?
Results are impresive though, its got me thinking about the T3 in my garage!

Rory

tbh no idea about the metro t3 tubby.. but i suppose it would b pretty gud.

i have yet to see a crap t3.. so many variants yet theyre all pretty gud :)

t3? GO FOR IT!!!

glanzaV195

Member +
messaged garygt to see what his experience of using the t3 was, think i'm going to go 4 it, wepr manifold is around £250-£300 i think, which tbh isnt a lot more than a decent ct9 manifold! most of the other bits needed i already have or can fabricate anyway, like the down pipe for example.

miller3

Member +
messaged garygt to see what his experience of using the t3 was, think i'm going to go 4 it, wepr manifold is around £250-£300 i think, which tbh isnt a lot more than a decent ct9 manifold! most of the other bits needed i already have or can fabricate anyway, like the down pipe for example.

Go for it mate... :)