gearbox, clutch ??? help

asifatyard21

Member +
just recently had tdo4 fitted running bout 200bhp, have also recently had exedy paddle clutch fitted. was booting it a little yesterday when all of a sudden i went to change to second and the gear lever was very stiff and wouldnt go in to second very easily so stopped. tried moving it in to gears and it goes in but the lever is very stiff??? stiff even when car is turned of? car seems to be idling all funny too any ideas much apreciated? car does still drive.
cheers

Adam_Glanza

Member +
think its the syncros in the box?

mine does this too its worst when downshifting from 3rd to second unless i blip the throttle it doesnt go in at all

asifatyard21

Member +
synchros went on last gearbox it not the same at all the sychros wouldnt make difference wen car of i dont think, also the gearbox has just got so stiff cant move it in to any gear without alot of effort, totally diff to when my gearbox synchros went.

sx_turbo

Lifer
the clutch is fucked mate.

my gf suzuki sj had this same thing. the release bearing had given up and forced what was left and the clutch fork through the pressure plate.

i can 99% garuntee its your clutch.

asifatyard21

Member +
will have to get cheked out then, but if that the case the exedy paddles are pethetic, only had it running for one day after fitting td04!!!

sx_turbo

Lifer
will have to get cheked out then, but if that the case the exedy paddles are pethetic, only had it running for one day after fitting td04!!!

it also depends on how it was fitted, if it was not 100% correct then this can cause failure, or you may have just had a bad one that got out, as normally exedy are ok.