gearbox problems

freeman

Fresh Recruit
been on this site for a bit n got my first starlet from japan about two months ago. its a white 98 ep91 n its clean enough but recently ive been having some box problems. its still driving but most of the time very hard changing gears it then started to whine very loudly n now she not going into gear at all which is obvoiusly the clutch as she takin of with the foot to the pedal but could i need new bearings or am i better off buying a new box? all help will be much appreciated

cheers

lingl9z

Member +
been on this site for a bit n got my first starlet from japan about two months ago. its a white 98 ep91 n its clean enough but recently ive been having some box problems. its still driving but most of the time very hard changing gears it then started to whine very loudly n now she not going into gear at all which is obvoiusly the clutch as she takin of with the foot to the pedal but could i need new bearings or am i better off buying a new box? all help will be much appreciated

cheers

Crunching in to gears is likely to be the syncro's same things gone in my starlet, best of trying to rule other things out etc like bleeding the clutch system, make sure its got the right amount of oil, linkages and ofcourse check the clutch is okay, head springs have popped out before...

freeman

Fresh Recruit
no she not crunching into gear cos its not going into gear when running, its whining like mad when you build up the revs?