gearbox sticking in low gears???

hubbygt

Member +
i changed my clutch to an exedy organic about 2 months ago.not had a problem until the last few days where it has began to stick in 1st,2nd and sometimes 3rd.but this only seems to be after the car has been for a proper blast and is heated up.any ideas????:confused:

Dane_Bristol

Member +
It bled properly ?

You have tightend up the feed pipe to the clutch slave cylinder and you are not leeking any brake fluid ?

IMG_1737-1.jpg

Just check it out now and see if there are any leaks. Air in the system wont help with gear engagement.

hubbygt

Member +
bugger :(
ive tried bleeding the clutch and replacing the fluid and also making sure there were no leaks and topping up gearbox oil but there wasnt much needed and its still doing it when i took her out there

CMR

Member +
Mine sometimes wont go into 2nd or 3rd at high revs.. exedy organic also.. not sure it its related to your problem

it doesnt crunch, just feels like the gear stick has hit a wall

hubbygt

Member +
Mine sometimes wont go into 2nd or 3rd at high revs.. exedy organic also.. not sure it its related to your problem

it doesnt crunch, just feels like the gear stick has hit a wall

exactly my problem mate, clutch has been fine for 2 months so it must be box related

CMR

Member +
If it was the box wouldnt it crunch into gear though, mine doesnt do it all the time its strange.

hubbygt

Member +
same here mate.im not too clued up on gearboxes mate so i couldnt really comment on why theres no crunching,all i can say is that we have the same issue by the looks of it.

CMR

Member +
I might buy a short shift kit, to see if it improves it. Or, it could be the organic clutch if we both have the same issue.

hubbygt

Member +
no idea mate ill have to check.as i said not clued up on gearboxes in the slightest.if you could give me some pointers how to check id appreciate it bud??:confused:

GTti

Member +
If it sticks in gear its because the clutch isn't disengaging properly. When you install a new clutch the disc material can be thicker than before, depending on clutch type and therefore the clutch needs adjusting.

I had a similar issue, but only experienced when on and off the clutch pedal in traffic, I needed to adjust the clutch cable in my case.

MentaLEP91

Member +
well sometimes when the clutch disk cover gets overheated, tends to do that, i had the same problem and i was told by several mechanics that its that.

though i didnt do anything about it, the problem disappeared after some 100s of miles

GTti

Member +
Not sure, if you say it's when hot then perhaps something is expanding taking up the clearance. Mine only done it in traffic sometimes, gearbox is fine.