genuine fuel filter vs spurious fuel filter??

animal gt

Member +
who yous what? am not one for spurious parts on my gt but there is such a differant in price between them both. just like to know who uses what.and spurious filters are as good as genuine toyotas

dark_knight

Member +
watering hole

depends on whether your GT drinks from the gas pump or a watering hole/puddle.. :p lol
i'd do genuine toyota bits any day. just my opinion..

genuine are good but they are a bitch to change, am hoping to change my whole fuel sytem soon, and a aftermarket fuel filter is at the top of the list

yaristurbo

Member +
I've only found the price to be different, blue print stuff has got so good it's up to a dealer level quality. Different inline filters are good more flow through them

animal gt

Member +
i havent ever used anyting non genuine toyota for bits like this on my gt,and me dont like waitn either.can get spurious today for 10 or so or wait til thursday for genuine for 50.lol

kieran.s gt

Member +
i havent ever used anyting non genuine toyota for bits like this on my gt,and me dont like waitn either.can get spurious today for 10 or so or wait til thursday for genuine for 50.lol

spurious should be fine iv never had problems using them.

madman

Member +
I agree with duncan only difference is the bracket. Most spurious company's make the genuine filters for the main dealers.

Rev

Member +
I found performance difference in a non genuine brand fuel filter that had a smaller dia hole but another was really good.

sx_turbo

Lifer
stick to well known filter brands and you cant go wrong,

the likes of

ADL blueprint
mahle
manne filter
purflux
crosland
coopers
hengst

there prob is others but cant think of them all at the mo,

stay away from wix and imo solid auto's there filters can be a bit hit and miss from what i've used sold and seen