Glanza fan problem

mossie477

Member +
Hi guys having a problem with the fan in my car.. its sometimes will come on when car is cold and i just turn on ignition it sometimes comes on for a second goes off comes back on and so on.. Would this be the coolant temperature switch/sensor?if so is this the green one under the distributor??

Thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
sounds like a bad connection. do you have the aircon still installed?

not sure about the glanza, but on the GT it is a white/opaque single wire connector at the back of the thermostat housing near where the bottom rad hose joins the engine. check there first.

mossie477

Member +

not sure about the glanza, but on the GT it is a white/opaque single wire connector at the back of the thermostat housing near where the bottom rad hose joins the engine. check there first.
no the aircon is gone about 5 years but never had this problem before..ok will check the connections

mossie477

Member +

Checked connections there they seem secure?

dac69er

Super Moderator
its most likely the sensor/plug/wiring i mentioned, or could be a bad connection from when the aircon was removed and the old aircon pressure sensor was linked out.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Checked connections there they seem secure?

you want to unplug them and check. i know the wires can get brittle around that area. seen one snap before (admittedly it was an older GT).

with the ignition on you should be able to unplug that connector and the fan should come on, then plug it back in and the fan should go off.

mossie477

Member +
its most likely the sensor/plug/wiring i mentioned, or could be a bad connection from when the aircon was removed and the old aircon pressure sensor was linked out.

I didnt remove the aircon my self a fella done it for me few years ago! how would i know if the aircon pressure sensor was linked out?

dac69er

Super Moderator
I didnt remove the aircon my self a fella done it for me few years ago! how would i know if the aircon pressure sensor was linked out?

it would have been linked out, otherwise your fan will be on all the time. some people just plug the sensor back in once removed from the pipework, others link the wires out. doesnt matter how its done

mossie477

Member +
it would have been linked out, otherwise your fan will be on all the time. some people just plug the sensor back in once removed from the pipework, others link the wires out. doesnt matter how its done

I just read on another thread on here that the glanza doesnt need to be bridged or anything? only the gt?

mossie477

Member +
is this the thing you are saying to takeoff?
010-1.jpg

weeJohn

Lifer
Is that not the sensor at the front of the thermo housing, does that blue hose go to the rad? If so you are at the wrong end of the housing, the fan switch is at the other end, pointing towards the bulkhead.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Is that not the sensor at the front of the thermo housing, does that blue hose go to the rad? If so you are at the wrong end of the housing, the fan switch is at the other end, pointing towards the bulkhead.

looked like the correct one to me. Blue hose goes to rad and the black hose links to the pipe that runs from the water pump.