Glanza Front Brake Disc Advice....

Hey guys. I am in need of some new front brake disc, can anyone tell me whether it's essential to have ABS versions for my glanza 1996? As some brake disc's i've seen are listed for ABS and Non ABS.... is that important??

I've found these which were really cheap, anyone think it will be any good?

http://www.crnperformance.co.uk/sto...let-96-99-crn-40-groove-front-discs-pair.html

And can anyone tell me whether grooved, dimpled, plain is best?????? And are there any other places that do good discs?

Thanks!!!! ^_^

Shelly

Texx

Super Moderator
It's only the rear discs that are ABS/Non ABS specific, the front discs are the same for both. The only difference with front discs is between the Mk1 GT and later cars, the Mk1 GT uses a disc with a smaller centre bore and a slightly different offset.

Those discs you've posted should fit your car perfectly well.

Jay

Admin
Hey Shell,

As Texx says the fronts don't differ between ABS and non-ABS models so no worries there. Steer clear of mk1 discs as the centre bore is slightly smaller then the later models. Mk2, Mk3 and V front discs are all the same though.

Standard surface works fine, grooved/dimpled surfaces offer less heat build up and improved braking although they can be a little noisier than regular discs.

The set you have linked look spot on, good price too.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Hi JAY!! Hope you are well :) always good to get a reply from you. Thank you so much for clearing that up for me guys, it has helped me understand more clearly about the brakes on my car. Much appreciated guys.

StevieP

Fresh Recruit
I got these brembo discs and pads. Great looking and good price :)

IMG_08981.jpg

the disc on the ebay photo doesn't look like the one you received,actually looks better in your photo, are those holes drilled all the way?

StevieP

Fresh Recruit
The photo on ebay will just be a generic photo they use for all there auctions. Can't really remember but I think so :)

96v

Member +
I used them for a long time without any problems :) but to be honest, it all really depends on what pad you are going to use with them :)