Glanza V - Wheels Question

GeordieSaid

Fresh Recruit
Hi all,

I was thinking of changing my current wheels and would like to have any ideas what wheels / colour can I get for my V. Below is my Glanza with the current 17inch wheels.

I was going for the below 16inch wheels.

Any other ideas? :)

sanchez

Member +
Yeah deffo go for 16s or 15s mate, much better ride with that size.
What wheel you want is down to you though mate, as its your car :)

nicky_glanza

Member +
rota gt3 or sparco ns02/03's with a chrom lip and a mid blue centre! would look ticketyboo ;) oh an make sure there 14/15 inch :)

P1010101.jpg
[/IMG]

thats a pic of my sparcos when they were painted, but against your silver/light blue glanza a really deep mid blue would be awsum! or red ;)

Shorty

Member +
15" = WIN!! i used to run 16" and they are good and fill the arch nice but 15's make a good bit of difference to handaling bud, and lieght wieght 15's will help with the acceleration a bit too :D

dark_knight

Member +
@ JasonGlanza; What tire profile would you suggest for 16s..? 205/45..? 195/50..?
Thinking of upping to 16s from 14s. Had wanted to do 17s but too much negativity around that rim size on a Starbo so I got discouraged so looking at 16s.. :)

Vincent-ep91

Member +
i would suggest 195/50 tyre. a friend of mine had 15 inch byddy club p1`s with 195/45 federal tyres.
and on our bad roads they got a very hard life.
the expression he had for them was "wibbley-wobbley-wonders" (after the icee-cream) haha
195/50=less chance of your wheels getting buckled
15 inch=great looks

dark_knight

Member +
195/50/R16 won't fill up the arches too much and start giving me rubbing trouble..?
This tire upgrade is set for a Glanza V I recently sourced. I have an N/A rolling on 205/50/R15 and it's great, both looks and handling but I wanted to experiment with the 16s or 17s..
What do you think..?

Vincent-ep91

Member +
iv had 17inch wheels with a 205 tyre width on a previous starlet. they rubbed and scraped like mad and scraped on the inner arch when i locked the wheels.
iv also had 14 inch wheels for ages and had no problem but they look far too skinny from behind and dont fill out the arches.
i would reccomend 15 inch with 195/50 tyre. its the best happy mediun between size, looks, fitment ect..