going low - brake lines and camber

TrisK

Member +
so,

at the moment im on Tien super streets, with 195/45/15 on my 37's.
I am now 6 threads from the bottom of the suspernsion at the front. im thinking about going lower, but the only concern i have is that the bottom cup on the coilover (the adjustable bit) will hit the break line as it seems pretty close.

anybody know if there is a way of spacing the brake line out so i can go a bit lower? or do i not need to worry about the brake line getting rubbed/broken?

also, i want some camber adjustable top mounts as i want to try and reduce wear/camber and space for coolest look? anyone got a link to camber adjustable top mounts that i can put on to my super streets? as AFAIK they arent camber adjustable at all.

Thanks in advance

dac69er

Super Moderator
my super streets are as low as they go and i have no rubbing problems with the brake lines??? best bet is to lower the car as much as you want and then have a look at the car underneath when it is on the ground. go lock to lock and just check the brake lines done rub.

as for the top mounts, mine are camber adjustable. are yours a really old version or something?

weeJohn

Lifer
If there is not one already there, you could make a clip that goes round the bottom of the strut to hold the brake line below the cup.

TrisK

Member +
as for the top mounts, mine are camber adjustable. are yours a really old version or something?

Have you got a picture? from the top, mine just have one nipple that sticks straight up, and as far as im awre that is for damper adjusting right?

If there is not one already there, you could make a clip that goes round the bottom of the strut to hold the brake line below the cup.
There is a bracket that holds it away, but it looks like it may still catch. maybe i need to extend that clip, so it is held further away.

Ill take the wheel off this weekend and put a picture up.