greddy bcc removed and now alot of smoke

MAD_MO

Member +
ok just removed my greddy bcc from the ecu and now my car seems really groggy and puffy. its also coughing out clouds of black smoke. anyone know wagwan?

MAD_MO

Member +
nope. i have a neo wich is installed but not tunes. also the greddy bcc was fitted but wasnt needed as i was running just 0.6 bar of boost. the car sounds really ill. its not a constant rev, it drops and rises every seconds. sounds like a steam strain. ch ch ch ch ch

WallaceGlanza

Member +
The bcc was maybe leaning the car out slightly before and now its running too rich, that would explain the black smoke.

Have you got an rrfpr or similar to adjust the fuelling?

Edit Didn't see the bit about the neo. Try turning the fuelling down a tad.

MAD_MO

Member +
the neo hadnt been tuned mate and the bcc hadnt been preventing fuel cut because at 0.6 bar dont hit fuel cut! could it be that the wires are touching or something on the ecu?

lanxter

Member +
running rich by sounds of it, you turned the boost down since removing BCC?

as black smoke generally means its overfueling by quite alot

WallaceGlanza

Member +
It desnt matter that it wasnt preventing fuel cut, I'm not sure if the bcc is the same type as the hks fcd (ie resistor type) but it leans out the car. I've just removed my hks fcd and the car is running a bit richer now, I know this from my air/fuel ratiuo gauge.

It still might not be this but if you have an rrfpr I'd recommend knocking a couple of psi off the fuel pressure.

goldenvtr

Member +
the Greddy BCC would only lean the car out over 13ish psi of boost, hence it being a clamp type fcd shouldnt affect idle in anyway. only thing i can think off is mapsensor wire isnt correctly refitted causeing false/doge readings.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
the Greddy BCC would only lean the car out over 13ish psi of boost, hence it being a clamp type fcd shouldnt affect idle in anyway. only thing i can think off is mapsensor wire isnt correctly refitted causeing false/doge readings.

Yeah I had a feeling it was a clamp type one.

Must just be that somethings not wired back in properly then.

MAD_MO

Member +
update! it was my map sensor wire! lol ive connected it properly and the cars fine:D thanks alot chap.

ps golden vtr. was good to see you tday! shame bout what happened though

goldenvtr

Member +
update! it was my map sensor wire! lol ive connected it properly and the cars fine:D thanks alot chap.

ps golden vtr. was good to see you tday! shame bout what happened though

so i was right:p yea nice to meet you sorry didnt talk to much as you can probly appreciate i was faily pee'd off.Glad you got it sorted.

also Upon inspection when i got home ive found its not the water pump but the headgasket lol. its gone just abouve the water pump that why i though it was that.
somethink to keep me busy of an evening all week.

riko666

Member +
my god - I am suffering EXACTLY the same issue - I removed my JAM FCC Just before summer, then left the car for 2 months! Mo, as for the Map Sensor "wire"...do you mean the vacuum hosing or an electrical wire?

And Dan/Anyone, how are the wires supposed to be reconnected? I thought they were just spliced off of existing wires

Last edited:

MAD_MO

Member +
rikko bro it was the white wire wich you connect to the fcd wire. i left it un-attached to the ecu after taking the bcc off

riko666

Member +
was your BCC spliced in? Don't know if it makes a difference but the JAM FCC's are of a different type aren't they? As opposed to clamp type...I dunno. Anyway, I'll check it out but I doubt I disconnected it as I just cut the wires at the solder

MAD_MO

Member +
yeah it was spliced in but you have to cut the white wire on the ecu and attach it to the bcc and then use the other bcc wire to go into the ecu. i would double check the wiring!

goldenvtr

Member +
Jam and Greddy fcd's work the same way, rikko i was unawear you removed a FCD! just redo the wiring, itll be the map sensor wire whats cauging your problems, twise the wires together and solder to the best connection but just twisting them will work.

riko666

Member +
I have no soldering iron or clue what to do :eek: ! Can you show me what wire exactly needs resoldering please?