Greddy Boost Gauge Installation Help

davehart

Member +
Just got my Boost gauge, one thing I had on the list years ago but never got round to it.

It's a greddy one with the backlight.

The unit has two cables going out. One that leads to a sensor with the vacuum pipe on, thats no problem I know where that goes. Allthough, reading up a lot of people plug it into the vacuum hose from the BOV to the inlet but is that the best place to put it in?

The second is a group of four wires. One black, white, red and orange. The orange is going into the black and the red is going into the white with the black and red wires from the unit cut off. On the end I have a black wire and a white wire. I am assuming this goes into the loom somewhere but dont know where.

Any help would be most appriciated.

davehart

Member +
yeah the second set will be for the backlight.

One black and one white on the end. Where do these plug into?

davehart

Member +
Good stuff. Allthough I'm still a bit puzzled where each wire should go. I'm sure a electrics wizard will know where to put them. A picture of the wiring:

greddy-wiring.jpg

davehart

Member +
I bet its a simple answer but the two sets of black and white wires are confusing me a bit.

Also, I want to wire it into the headlight line, if its on any other it will light up all the time.

1nsan3

Member +
having recently fitted indiglo dials on my ep82 i wired them into the lighting circuit on the dash, so when u turn the side or main lights on the dials are on. you do have tot ake the dash out to do this but its not very difficult (hardest part for me was disconnecting the speedo cable as theres not much room and i have sausage hands) once the dash clocks are out therre is 3 electrical connectors on the dash, the lighting circuit is on the far right plug of the three and as you look at it as if it was plugged intot he dash its the 2nd and 3rd cables in from the left side of the connector strip. the 2nd being positive the 3rd being negative, if its for a simple bulb then it shouldnt matter which way round they are connected if its an led backlight then it will, hope this helps a bit if you need pics let me know and i can take the dash out tomorrow and take a few pics of what i did. hope this helps

davehart

Member +
I have just had a convo with my bro who's clued up on these things and fiqured out where each wire goes.

It has a pressure sensor on it which explains why its got four wires on it. One for a 12v Power Source, another for the Ignition, one for the light and a ground.

How it was setup before it had the white (light) and black (earth) into the turbo timer which would have had those two wires coming from it.

I'll wire the 12v and ignition and the earth into the stereo as that has all three and will wire the white one into one of the lights behind the dash.

I've took the dash off loads of times changing bulbs but never had a look at the wiring so if you could suggest or get a pic of what wire to feed the white line into that would be great.