gt2860rs turbo

grum-glanza

Member +
right lads kinda stuck at the moment on what to do i have a trackday in september and the car is away being built at the moment a had a td04l turbo on the car but found a gt2860rs and just wondering has anybody put one on there car and whats it like with lag and power output and any rough idea what power it might put out im running 5e and the turbo will be at 2.0bar ;) thanks

dark_knight

Member +
threshold of physical grip

380 horses on a front wheel drive..? won't you be at the borderline of the grip/handling threshold..? how much of that power will be usable to you..?

AdamB

Member +
Shortshift for a reason ;)
Couple that with a well built cylinder head, the extra cc's of the 5e and a good management it will be a monster :)

locktite

Fresh Recruit
I have one on my 13 and i'd recommend it to anyone. just make sure it's the real garrett and not a chinese/ebay immitation

Dan3SGTE

Member +
2.0bar on track... I assume your boost will be turned right down for that otherwise your not going anywhere

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
She will be a beast on track lad but i hope you ditched that e manage for some proper management and as they said you wont need 2,0bar on track get a td05 run 1,6 bar and i bet there wont be much difference on the track and ya can use the same manifold

Last edited:
should be a good turbo on the 5e for the track
however, 2.0bar is a fair amount....it may result in a bit of traction issues

what's the layout of your track---twisty??..long stretches??

grum-glanza

Member +
She will be a beast on track lad but i hope you ditched that e manage for some proper management and as they said you wont need 2,0bar on track get a td05 run 1,6 bar and i bet there wont be much difference on the track and ya can use the same manifold

the emanage is a good ecu i think it does everything i need it to do any way there isn't much difference in the blue to the ultimate i no the ultimate has a bit more stuff like mulpile maps but there basicly the same ecu thats what iv'e been told by a few people when i was getting it

grum-glanza

Member +
should be a good turbo on the 5e for the track
however, 2.0bar is a fair amount....it may result in a bit of traction issues

what's the layout of your track---twisty??..long stretches??

its on mondello race track its not to twisty and a few straights there alrite i have 4 toyo r888 or possible rally tarmac tires which look unreal that shud solve some of traction issues :)

grum-glanza

Member +
the fella building the car says the turbo will be way to laggy does anybody have any idea what the spool is like on them cause i dont realy want a turbo thats comming in at like 5000 rpm and the limiter is 8500 i think on a glanza

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
its on mondello race track its not to twisty and a few straights there alrite i have 4 toyo r888 or possible rally tarmac tires which look unreal that shud solve some of traction issues :)

for your setup the emb is a load of wank i dont know the full details but it dont take too big injectors nicely , honestly if i was going all out like you i wouldnt settle for no less than a full standalone no point taking short cuts lad be worth it trust me