Hate to do this but Sad times for me gutted.com comes to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemnaychris

Member +
Gutted to be doing this but have to leave the starlet world but after today got a massive shock and bill :(

going to vag vw golf gt tdi maybe 4motion as getting older and can't afford to carry on building as lost a lot in my pay these days :(

Well recently had a bad thing happen in my life not going into it and it's now cost me a fortune over 1500 pounds so need to break up my car to fund this and a diesel car for cheap running but going to spec it up to a gti over time :)

Well if anyone of u know my car it's of high spec some really ace and rare parts and race parts

Am in the process of writing up what's on car and prices :( into 3 a4 pages now lol

Before I sell any parts need engine clutch gearbox and turbo and other bits sold first just the main things then all rest will be for sale

Gutted to be doing this as in total I have spent excess of 30 grand on this project but with bills and getting older needing a comfy more economical car for all the running about I do and starlet ain't cheap to fuel now plus with funds I hope to make will pay both

I only use car 3 times a week but at 20 pounds of fuel a time to see the gf my starlet is too much for the journeys :( 60 mile journey

I do not use car for work as I just walk :) so hardly used

Well a for sale thread will be made in next few days and that's going to take forever to make :(

Any local lads interested get in contact cheers :)

If anyone interested in buying car as a whole might do if price is right and u live at least 300 miles away so I never see it again lol :-(

Gutted to do this but had near 4 years of fun with my car puts the biggest smile every time i go out in it :) might come back one day but a ep85 is what I would buy but keep it n/a

Rory

Lifer
Sad times manny. :(
Im breaking mine just now as well but its under diffirent circumstances (happier by the sounds of it!)

kemnaychris

Member +
Yeah mate near greeting as its been my life for years and really makes me sad and hard to do this

Yeah mark it's shit but u know what's happened :( raging and gutting :(

Its my car but Really has been a demo car for mark Cmb autos as he built it he has put blood sweat and tears into this car he has built it from start to finish with the best work and effort ever could never fault his work and time ever put into it can only ever say gd things about him :D

Yeah mate it's far from standard got a fair spec list over the years of ownership :)

I will be back one day when I get better job and bills paid off :) 85 this time

H_D

Member +
bad times i guess....i had some issues a while back and thought i would have to sell up too but things worked out in my favour in the end...either way best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

turboloon

Member +
chris i'd be intrested in parts if you could send me spec of car..:),may possibly know of some one looking ffor a standard ish starlet as well if you pu your car back to standard.

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
If you have put 30G into the car n you'll end up selling all bits for less than 5k! Thats defo not worth it man! Grit your teeth, get another job, pay off any outstanding debt! then once your ahead quit job and you will be laughing! Car stored and saved and you got a golf diesel GTI rep too :)

People often make rash decisions when it comes to money.......just done lose ALL that money you put into that car so quickly! (i know in modding you will always lose money but you have an option here) :)

Mark

Nippon

Member +
Sad times dude.
Ive recently made the same decision. Car is up for sale at the moment.
Really resisting breaking it as it will break my heart at the same time but if no one buys it i'll have to.

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
Sad times dude.
Ive recently made the same decision. Car is up for sale at the moment.
Really resisting breaking it as it will break my heart at the same time but if no one buys it i'll have to.

whats going on Nippon? whys everyone selling up or breaking?

kemnaychris

Member +
Cheers guys and I think I have near 8k in bits :( by time I add it all up but full spec list shortly but if u know me feel free to ask me bout parts u know and u can come collect it

Being honest cant afford to carry the build on cause of pay and what's happening in my life time to move on lads time for diesel car for what is said :(

Would love to keep it but as I say can't afford to carry on as parts now are in the thousands as have everything else

I will be back but with a n/a 85 once I get a better paid job

I have to break as I don't want some young lad driving my pride and joy for next to nothing when 30k of parts let along labour to build :(

Nippon

Member +
Ive had to do it because of the amount of miles I am driving for work.
I did 1180 miles for work in October alone. All motorway miles. Starlet wasnt built for long motorway cruises. It can be done but its no fun. Especially at like 6-7am with a loud exhaust and hard ride. I felt it was spoiling the car. Putting loads of miles on it and not enjoying it for what it was.
I never get any time to enjoy the car in the twisty country lanes anymore like I used to. Didnt want to sell it after all the years of work and enjoyment I've had, would love to keep it as an occasional track day car, but I need the money to pay for the motorway cruiser/workhorse I've just bought.
Such a shame. :( Been trying not to dwell on it.

Obviously I'm only speaking for me and not everyone else but I imagine there are people with similar predicaments.

Mark-ep91

Member +
always sad to leave these cars had my glanza for over a year and a half and had 2 other glanzas before that only moved on last week over travelling alot more and needing something more comfortable and picked up a dc5 :) will probly have another as a toy in the future as i know excactly how to mod them and get power out of them :)

carmen

Member +
Sorry to hear that dude the amount of time and effort put into your car :( but like you said needs must.

Status
Not open for further replies.