HDI boost controller expiriance

nexia201

Member +
Ok so today managed to fit my Hdi ebc and after trying it on the road came to 2 conclusions as the car after fitting it was feeling more slugish even tough there was more boost earlier.

!. In my opinion its not good to fit with a ct9 but might work well on bigger turbos

2. with the HKS actuator only car is faster !

Now this could be due to in my opinion that the ebc is keeping the actuator closed and boost goes up fast but as there is no escape of exhaust gasses from the waste gate and there is xtra back pressure the turbo is lazy to spool up almost laggy ,when ebs is switched off spool u is way faster altough boost rise slower.

Could be that with bigger turbos where they have bigger exhaust housing and the ebc keeping the wastegate shut help reduce the lag.

any opinions on this matter? agree disagree

nexia201

Member +
i will have once it is fitted !!!

well go on and fit it :p

Im not saying that it doesnt do what ita state cos where normally i have 8psi up till 3,000rpm then it goes to 10psi and struggle up to 11psi now at 2,000rpm it shoots to 12psi and didnt creep or drop just felt a drop in power instead of an increase.

could it be that as the ecu is not mapped for all that boost low down the rev range its becoming very lean???

whiteglanzav

Member +
well go on and fit it :p

Im not saying that it doesnt do what ita state cos where normally i have 8psi up till 3,000rpm then it goes to 10psi and struggle up to 11psi now at 2,000rpm it shoots to 12psi and didnt creep or drop just felt a drop in power instead of an increase.

could it be that as the ecu is not mapped for all that boost low down the rev range its becoming very lean???

hmm interesting im not 2 sure on that one mate, it could be possible but i thought that the standard ecu ran a bit rich n e way so that would counteract it ?

Its always a good idea to have some sort of management n e way so that you can extract as much power as possible all the time and make sure the fueling is correct.

i will do but my car hasnt got an engine in at the moment so its a litl bit difficult lol

im sure there are other people on here who have the hdi controller and will be able to provide better input than me !!! :)

nexia201

Member +
im not running standard ecu i use a Mr Turbo ecu which is mapped but with the stupid ammount of fuel the car use i would say its good for around 25psi with out running lean :p

whiteglanzav

Member +
im not running standard ecu i use a Mr Turbo ecu which is mapped but with the stupid ammount of fuel the car use i would say its good for around 25psi with out running lean :p

ull have to get a wideband on it to be sure then and to get optimal power a/f etc