hdi ebc feedback/ dyno boost readings.

keirz

Member +
just looking for a bit of feedback on the performance of the hdi ebc.

anyone got any dyno graphs with the boost readings.

anyone got any before after results, to show increase in boost response and steady boost holding?

on my last dyno run my boost died off up the top end and was a little unsteady. as my boost is only controled by the hks actuator im wondering if the ebc will do the trick.

thanks for any feedback

Chris@CCM

Member +
ct9s have a lot of probs holding boost at the top end cants see a ebc doing much (if ur runing a ct9) i wouldd say try freeing up ur intake and exhaust and check the w/g for cracks

ktl

Member +
I was hitting 1bar of boost and then suddenly dropped off. i have fitted the hdi ebc and found that it spooled up abit quicker and it actaully holds 1bar (judging by the gauge)

def worth getting it!

Chris@CCM

Member +
I was hitting 1bar of boost and then suddenly dropped off. i have fitted the hdi ebc and found that it spooled up abit quicker and it actaully holds 1bar (judging by the gauge)

def worth getting it!
out of intrest what actuator do u have ?

ktl

Member +
yeah i was hitting 1bar and then it dropped to 0.85.

Installing the EBC, it drops like slightly but im 100% it holds it better then before and could felt a difference straight away.. But i was also told that if i take away the EFI pipe it could hold better

it's only like £100 ?

Last edited:

keirz

Member +
ct9s have a lot of probs holding boost at the top end cants see a ebc doing much (if ur runing a ct9) i wouldd say try freeing up ur intake and exhaust and check the w/g for cracks

my intake is a front mounted apexi and the exhaust is 2.5" nurspec with no boxes and baffles and zep decat, so thats not the problem.

the turbo is a hybrid built by myself. the wastegate is perfect so thats not it either.

car is making 196.8bhp @1 bar on jam ecu

ive checked for leaks and now removed my bov just incase it was leaking top end.

just wanted some evidence of these ebcs doing the job just as well as the more £££ models.