HDI FMIC on EP82's - Thoughts?

clys

Member +
Hey guy's any of you thrown one of these kit's on your EP82? I know it requires a slight wiggle of the PS line and some bracketry, but is that really it? I like this kit more than the autobahn one due to the fact the autobahn won't fit with my Zisco manifold, and the HDI pipe goes in the complete opposite direction - perfect!

Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated, thanks!

Clyson

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Works perfect on mine and lots of other EP82's out there mate.

IMG_2262.jpg

2766373640a9847604947o.jpg

DSCF0557.jpg

clys

Member +
Works perfect on mine and lots of other EP82's out there mate.

IMG_2262.jpg

2766373640a9847604947o.jpg

DSCF0557.jpg

Right on, I have the non-facelift bumper on my '92, and extra cutting required on those? Or about just the same as the facelift? Would ya mind PM'ing me a price quote shipped to me buddy, if ya don't mind?

Thanks a bundle, Clyson.

aaron425

Member +
i ran a hdi kit on my 82 for a day and really wasnt impressed!, maybe it was just my set-up at the time?
i thought there was to much cutting of the bumper involved, the cooler is mahoosive(to big for a ct9 running less than 0.9), and was very long routed. but i can say the quality of the product was good, all the welds looked spot on and everything lined up very well!.. but ive found happiness in an ARC topmount ftmfw!

clys

Member +
i ran a hdi kit on my 82 for a day and really wasnt impressed!, maybe it was just my set-up at the time?
i thought there was to much cutting of the bumper involved, the cooler is mahoosive(to big for a ct9 running less than 0.9), and was very long routed. but i can say the quality of the product was good, all the welds looked spot on and everything lined up very well!.. but ive found happiness in an ARC topmount ftmfw!

What've you noticed power-wise?

Thing is, with my zisco manifold, my choices are limited. I will be running stock turbo, and possibly a hybrid CT9 in the future. Nothing crazy, no built motor etc... Could anyone throw me a suggestion that would suit my needs?

My mods include:
Zisco mani
2.5" decat to 2.5" straightpipe all the way
Custom intake

and thats it engine wise, with BCC and various body and maintenance mods around.

Where do you get the figures that its to big for a ct9 running less than a .9?The route of the pipes is'nt long either its shorter than autobahn and its pretty much the same as most fmic?

dac69er

Super Moderator
i do admit that the core is rather large. the pipe route is fine.

no harm in getting the hdi kit then selling the core on ebay and buying a new, smaller core. would still be cheaper than the jap front mounts

dac69er

Super Moderator
The wepr kit takes that route and has a smaller core, never heard a bad word about them either

the wepr fmic takes a different route mate. the wepr goes underneath the car whereas the hdi goe out and round (hard to explain in words)!

dac69er

Super Moderator
O yeah, but in terms of from the turbo, it doesn't go over the mani like others

yeah, thats fair enough.
im using a modified hdi pipe on my setup. was the shortest route i could find without clocking the turbo

aaron425

Member +
i dont have any figures but personally my car felt lagy and alot less responsive..im only running a ct9 @0.9 with mani, d/p,exhaust,intake, ebc,actuator etc and i felt the hdi was overkill...

Last edited:

clys

Member +
Yeah they do, surely; goes no where near mani,

Sacha himself said it won't fit? Maybe it's the placement of the turbo, but as far as I know, the zisco mani's move the turbo only a fraction of a cm out of stock location?

clys

Member +
i would have thought they fitted

look at pictures of the 2, there is no reason for them not to

Well Maybe I'll just go with the WEPR kit anyways. I'm sure I could do what little fab work is required to make it fit.