Head gasket

tayyib

Lifer
hi, im currently rebuilding my engine after sh*t loads of trouble during the turbo conversion.

i'm going to be running 1bar on a ct9.

would i be ok using a standard headgasket or would i be better off using an uprated one?

Thanks

Tayyib

Monkfish

Member +
Standard will be fine, just make sure that you (or the garage) gets the head and block surfaces checked properly and machined if necessary. It'll save a lot of hassle in the long run.

I'm not sure if the headbolts need retorquing on these. The garage that did mine last said they don't...

tayyib

Lifer
cool i'll go for a standard toyota one then.

Also would i need new headbolts or would the used ones be ok?

Thanks

Tayyib

billybob

Untrusted Seller
get some new head bolts just to be safe do it once then it done no worrys bolts are cheap lad just mind them washers when rmoving the headbolts.:)cheers for the rep

tayyib

Lifer
cool, where's the best place to source the head bolts and the head gasket?
Toyota? Or from camskill or japmad?

Thanks

tayyib

Lifer
im not really arsed about delivery time, dont need it next day or owt, can wait a week or so. just wanna do it properly in one go.

going for a cheaper options, always means paying twice.

FeNder

Member +
ment the cheapest among them , for the same item , which would be the standard toyota Hg u're after , prices can vary wildly

Kelly

Member +
Deffo get some new head bolts may as well whilst its all apart. We always use get ours from toyota.

sx_turbo

Lifer
in answer to your questions tayyib, the standard gasket is fine for 1 bar on ct9.

and the headgasket and head bolts i sell are built to oe spec tier 1 which means they as good if not better than toyota.

also you should definately change the headbolts

Cant remember of the top of my head Iddy I had one before it had a serious amount of stuff in it not sure on head bolts though.

Spoonz

Member +
maybe get a trd one same size has stock :) also get new head bolts so much less hassle and they aint alot really