head gasket?

Japsport85

Member +
can anybody tell me what gasket to use and where from? am looking to get a better one than standard for a reasonable price.

thanks.

danturbo4311

Member +
I was on standard headgasket with standard bolts when my car was at 268hp & when i took it off there was nothing wrong with it.

Japsport85

Member +
oh really? well iv got the head off at the min its gettin sent off to be gas flowed so will be needing to change valve seals and all other head seals and i thought i may aswel put a better h/g on seein as its all apart. with a uprated gasket all you seem to get is just the gasket. if i order a guenuine toyota one i assume it will be a kit with all seals etc but was unsure if the gasket would be good enough for the job. im not running massive power at the min, only around 160-70 but will be aimin for around 250-80 in the future. do you think i would be ok with a guenuine one then?

billybob

Untrusted Seller
theres been a few running now Athena Headgaskets they seem to be great think they cost from 110 pounds to 120 pound they come in 1.2mm or 1.4 mm ..tm developments sell them also

TurboDave

Member +
oh really? well iv got the head off at the min its gettin sent off to be gas flowed so will be needing to change valve seals and all other head seals and i thought i may aswel put a better h/g on seein as its all apart. with a uprated gasket all you seem to get is just the gasket. if i order a guenuine toyota one i assume it will be a kit with all seals etc but was unsure if the gasket would be good enough for the job. im not running massive power at the min, only around 160-70 but will be aimin for around 250-80 in the future. do you think i would be ok with a guenuine one then?

Use a genuine Toyota one mate, it will be fine.

No point in spending big money on an uprated gasket if your aiming for 270bhp in the future as the engine will need to come apart again to be forged anyway so you will just be wasting the gasket.

danturbo4311

Member +
Yea the athena gaskets are pretty cheap now (unlike the cruise gaskets which are pretty expensive) so probably be worth just changing it if you have the money just for peice of mind, however if you dont the standard gasket would be fine also,