Headgasket size for my forged rebuild with K26

Starlet Nath

Member +
Hello peeps,

I am just about to start to strip my 4e, I'll be using Pauter rods, 74.5mm ross flat top pistons, redrill and tap block for ARP head studs when I rebuild. I will be using a Sard K26 kit, however I am unsure what head gasket size to go for.

I know because my pistons are flat topped, and my head will have had a light skim off it that the C/R will be higher. So do I go for 1.4mm? As I intend to evenutally run high boost with the K26.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Cheers

Nath

what do u call high boost?.....what will the car be used for mainly?

1.4, even 1.2 (stock) sounds good.....but 1.6 or higher could also be possible depending on what u want to do

try not to run an overly thick headgasket in general

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Nath so many variables you need to work out the exact compression ratio based on your own engine with each gasket it mind. Too many variables to make any recommendations without knowing the full engine specifications down to the T. Some run high comp with high octane, others run lower comp with reliability in mind and the sacrifice of response, the amount of variables are huge pending what the car will be used for, if comb chamber is modified, head characteristics the list is long.

We don't personally recommend lowering CR using really thick gaskets like the japs did but everyone will be different.

If you want help working it all out let me know.

Last edited:

Starlet Nath

Member +
Cheers Toby,

I'll catch up soon buddy :)

Nath
Nath so many variables you need to work out the exact compression ratio based on your own engine with each gasket it mind. Too many variables to make any recommendations without knowing the full engine specifications down to the T. Some run high comp with high octane, others run lower comp with reliability in mind and the sacrifice of response, the amount of variables are huge pending what the car will be used for, if comb chamber is modified, head characteristics the list is long.

We don't personally recommend lowering CR using really thick gaskets like the japs did but everyone will be different.

If you want help working it all out let me know.

T

tdo4starlet

with 74.5 mm ross pistons on a 5e with a 1.6 gasket would that be safe to run 1.4 bar?????????????