headgasket

scatman56

Member +
i using felpro grafito head gasket ..i went to dino my car put 234 hp 19 psi and next week broke head gasket . my friend have toyota corsa 1.5l 12v 300whp and using ridgerest gasket and not have problem but the cost is $200+oring job...

sx_turbo

Lifer
hmmm thats odd a metal gasket off a trader on this site should do the job just fine.

but if you want to do that other option, then that also sounds very good

GTti

Member +
You should only need to O-ring the block when using a copper gasket as they don't seal as well as standard gaskets.

You'd only need a copper gasket if you were running some serious boost, most people seem to report the stock gaskets hold out fine on high boost applications.

Perhaps your head surface is warped or wasn't clean, something caused a not so good seal, or simply down to a poor gasket :p

scatman56

Member +
yep, my engine is in the machine shop ,they are making o rings on the block:because it have problems ,the block was fold

starlet666

Member +
if they are just goin 2 o ring it u are still goin 2 have issues mate copper gaskets werent ever really intended on road cars.... i was gettin a ridgecrest gasket made and i kinda wasnt prepared to check it every 20 000 kms