Heat 9 Plugs

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Anyone using 9s or does everyone use 8s?

Considering going to 9s, can this cause any problems?

dac69er

Super Moderator
for what reason do you want to use 9's mate?

7's are fine for most people, 8s for the high bhp lads. dont know of anyone using 9's on a starlet!

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
for what reason do you want to use 9's mate?

7's are fine for most people, 8s for the high bhp lads. dont know of anyone using 9's on a starlet!

Got some new kit that recommends I go for a cooler grade plug by 1 unit, currently I'm running 8s.

dac69er

Super Moderator
ok, fair enough. that would probably require those plugs. it might be worth seeing how the 9s fare and then drop down to 8s and see what happens.

will the car be used on the road or just for drag/track etc?

if its for the road i would try and use the 8s if you can as it should start and run at lower rpms better.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
ok, fair enough. that would probably require those plugs. it might be worth seeing how the 9s fare and then drop down to 8s and see what happens.

will the car be used on the road or just for drag/track etc?

if its for the road i would try and use the 8s if you can as it should start and run at lower rpms better.

It's basically just a drag car, though it is road legal. I'll try er with the 8's initially and take it from there.

Next question would be, should I stick with Iridiums or use Copper ones instead.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
ill be up your way in 2-3 weeks getting mine mapped off chris im just waiting on a few parts ,would love to see the car if you were around .....

Get Chris to give me a shout when your up, you'll be passing my place if ur coming from Cork, should have everything in the car by then.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
Get Chris to give me a shout when your up, you'll be passing my place if ur coming from Cork, should have everything in the car by then.

sweet !!!!!!! looking forward to it already lol:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

dac69er

Super Moderator
It's basically just a drag car, though it is road legal. I'll try er with the 8's initially and take it from there.

Next question would be, should I stick with Iridiums or use Copper ones instead.

i would use copper. but as i dont know a massive amount about plugs im unsure if it would make any difference.

i think as your going into fairly unknown territory i think trial and error will be your best bet. you may have to play about with plug gaps too.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Aye I need to gap down the plugs already, having some issues when goin off and back on the throttle during high RPM/Boost gear changes.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
1.5bar is giving 320hp on what I think Chris considers a fairly safe timing map.

so your thinking 2bar and NOS:)
might need some wings next lad:haha:arp bolts a must

isnt there Iridium IX plugs

IridiumIXwithLeaderLines.jpg

Last edited:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
The big fun bottle is sitting opposite me right now :haha:

ARPs are sorted, still need the wings though!

Yea u can get Iridiums in 9s which are the ones I had in mind, just dunno if they're necessary.

The fine tip on the Iridiums though I have visions of it melting lol!

Last edited:

billybob

Untrusted Seller
The big fun bottle is sitting opposite me right now :haha:

ARPs are sorted, still need the wings though!

Yea u can get Iridiums in 9s which arfe the ones I had in mind, just dunno if they're necessary.

The fine tip on the Iridiums though I have visions of it melting lol!

will it be ready for the next drag mybe?????????????????????????????????:)