Help!!!!!!! - Any Ideas......

Guys

Just a little advice please.

Coming home from work tonight and i was a little pissed off so the car took the brunt of it.

Anyway about 5 miles from home it popped the engine management light on. I crawled it the rest of the way home.

Anyway i thought it may be the oil filter or something pissing oil where i recently changed it however oil level is fine with no leaks.

I've left car for ten min and started again and the light is gone, running fine, no ticks, bangs etc.

Is there like a heat protect or something on the car that chucks the management light on if you show too much enthusiasm to get you to ease off?

HELP?....

gv1.3

Admin
I got that before after giving it a bit of abuse...

I assumed it was the CAT overheating or something

gv1.3

Admin
nah I got it but didnt get fuel cut. Just the engine management light coming on. FCD fitted too.

Once the car cooled off it went out. Does high EGT set off an engine warning light event?

TurboDave

Member +
Yeah I believe when the cat gets too hot the bottom sensor in it (temp sensor) lights up the engine management light on the dash and the ecu pulls the timing out I bet.

Dave

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
i thought cat temp warning had it's own light? at least my clocks have provisions for a symbol that looks like a CAT with heat lines raising from it (can't describe it very well)

Jay

Admin
Only seen it light for fuelcut. Never seen it light for a hot cat before - unlikely I'd think. Usually fuelcut is hit and the lamp will illuminate until the car is switched off and on again. Check fault codes and report back.

gv1.3

Admin
something else must light her up as Ive an FCD and mine has done this.

My cat gets quite hot.

CatVT-15005-07-15.jpg

riko666

Member +
if when the car got an engine management light on, and he had to "limp" back home....could be Knock sensor...

GTRob

Member +
best thing to do is a diaogostic check and find out the code. quite an easy thing to do with a bit of wire. thats the only way to know for sure what the problem is.

did the car misfire in anyway while u were pushing it? notice any new noises or anything out of the ordinary?

Nothing untoward whatsoever.....

ALl i did when i say i "limped" home is drive it easy and off boost.

Turned off then on and seemed fine.

"ONLY" mod on car is boost solenoid being removed.

Never done this before. Where is the connector for me to loop the wire across to get a fault code if it happens again and as i'm feeling dyslexic does anyone have a fault code link please?

I've done my reading on fuel cut.

ChrisGT

Member +
Quick question; do we need the 2nd sensor in the downpipe? I.e. if I were to remove it , what would happen? And would it be alright to? Getting a front exit made so might have to get rid of it.