Help! blew up my engine

GTT_al

Fresh Recruit
hi people. iv recently got my first GTT. but the bottom end knackrd by melting the pistons nd destroying the bores because we found it was runing lean.

whats the best managment i could buy and get mapped for under or around £500??? any help would be apreciated. iv heard about this E-manage blue but heard its also expensive to get mapped. Is there self learning ECU's you can buy???

it was runing 194bhp with the mods below, and boosting 1.2bar which seemed a bit high for having no proper managment :confused:

Full s/s exhaust system (WEPR turbo-back exhaust and Speedvision mani)
Hybrid CT9 turbo with garatt T3 internals
Jam 1 Bar uprated actuator.
NGK irodium plugs with uprated NGK leads.
WEPR FMIC
HKS SSQV BOV
induction kit mounted directly behind the grill.
Apexi SAFC fuel computer.
HKS FCD.

cheers

Adam_Glanza

Member +
with the safc it should of been fueling properly, i guess they didnt have it setup right!!

i would go for the e-manage mate, mapping isnt always expensive it depends who you use, but yes it will cost a couple hundred quit but imo its worth it!

you dont want it happening

sx_turbo

Lifer
tuning developments is doing a deal at the moment, £500 and you get an emanage blue and get it fitted and mapped.

GTT_al

Fresh Recruit
tuning developments is doing a deal at the moment, £500 and you get an emanage blue and get it fitted and mapped.

geussing tuning developments are down in england??? sounds a good deal though

il have to find myself a new engine though before i can get anythn mapped:p

GTT_al

Fresh Recruit
how where you boosting 1.2 bar on a 1bar actuator?

thats someting we couldnt work out??? we tried 4 different boost gauges, even had two on at the same time and yep it was boosting 1.2:confused:.

just before it blew up it boosted 1.5 which is impossible on that actuator isnt it??

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well it isnt the actuator mate lol.

unfortunately it isnt telling you lies you should of stopped at that warning!

if you search threw the archives for "boost creep" there is a thread explaining exactly wat happens.

basically your turbo is overboosting, and the wastegate cant get rid of the excess boost fast enough, so althought youve got it set to 1 bar it still is boosting too much.

you need to get that sorted before or itll happen again

GTT_al

Fresh Recruit
well it isnt the actuator mate lol.

unfortunately it isnt telling you lies you should of stopped at that warning!

if you search threw the archives for "boost creep" there is a thread explaining exactly wat happens.

basically your turbo is overboosting, and the wastegate cant get rid of the excess boost fast enough, so althought youve got it set to 1 bar it still is boosting too much.

you need to get that sorted before or itll happen again

yeh i backed off as soon as it boosted that but unfortualny it had already done the damage and next thing i know white smoke is piling out the back and that was it:(. engine dead lol.

TurboDave

Member +
geussing tuning developments are down in england??? sounds a good deal though

il have to find myself a new engine though before i can get anythn mapped:p

Going to England isnt far for mapping Nick is in the North of the country I drove from South Wales to Ayr to get my E-Manage fitted and mapped!