HELP- ''driver side window not working'' ?

quadlight gt

**ADMIN WARNING - UNTRUSTED SELLER**
as above my driver side window not working.. was fine before i parked the car up 3months ago & i start the car every week

any idea's wht it can be ?

btw passenger side window still works fine!

Thanks!

tommrs

Member +
when u press the button can you hear the motor? i had a pug 206 that i left for a few months and the seals seized up and wouldnt let the window move and it came off the rails! the motor still worked though! id removed the door card and check the motor! could be something simple!

weeJohn

Lifer
Window motors go on them quite a lot, take the door card off and see if the mechanism is stuck and power is getting to the motor connections when you hit the switch.

Texx

Super Moderator
I prefer the heavy handed fist approach, thumping the door card next to the window switch has worked for me every time the window had decided it wasn't going to work. Though I'm sure there will come a time when beating the crap out of the door doesn't sort it anymore.

hubbygt

Member +
I prefer the heavy handed fist approach, thumping the door card next to the window switch has worked for me every time the window had decided it wasn't going to work. Though I'm sure there will come a time when beating the crap out of the door doesn't sort it anymore.

LOL Texx I like your style.
As Ted says it's easy to get into and have a swatch at whats up with the mechanism. Probably pick one up on here cheap if its gubbed.

Never had a problem with window motors on any of my white ep's. Only the black ones, I put that down to the colour atractin heat and using up all the grease in Japland. Just a theory