HELP Fuel Gauge Broke!!

Rock-kick-Ass

Member +
lads i need your advice on this.. recently i took the plastic cover off the speed clocks to give them a clean as they looked dirty..

anyway before i went and did this the petrol needle was below the empty mark with the flashing empty warning sign showing up..

so i cleaned them and touched the needle.. now the needle is at the quarter mark and wont go back down to the empty place were it should have been..

so it at that mark and the low petrol sign shows up.. do you know wat could have cause this apart from me cleaning them

Jay

Admin
Fill the tank to the brim then take the needle off (best tool to use is a table fork) and set it to the full marker. Once you have the plastic cover off the needle is just pressed onto the instrument cluster.

Rock-kick-Ass

Member +
Fill the tank to the brim then take the needle off (best tool to use is a table fork) and set it to the full marker. Once you have the plastic cover off the needle is just pressed onto the instrument cluster.

when i fill it the needle goes up anyway, it just wont fall down, thats the real pain in the ass.. but ill give that a try anyway

Last edited: