Help - HKS FCD + Apexi S-AFC?!?!

MaccyD

Member +
Hi

Im just wiring in my hks fcd to an extension harness that already has an apexi s-afc. In the hks wiring diagram it says to splice it in to one of the wires. Unfortunately the afc is alredy spliced into the same wire. So do i just follow the instructions and put the fcd in line with the wire?? or do i not need it anymore as the signal is alredy being fecked with?? Im confused but i hope this isnt confusing.

Cheers

Spoonz

Member +
Im not to sure on the answer but ive read a few threads that these 2 have trouble working together and mayb thats why

MaccyD

Member +
cheers for the help, if anyone is actually running both of these and could tell me what they do that would be good.

Jay

Admin
The FCD tricks the ECU into thinking your boost is lower than what it is. The side effect is that it will make the car run LEAN right across the rev range (not so on the JAM FCD). Do not boost until you get a wideband plugged onto the car. Your pistons are at risk!

The SAFC allows you to turn your fuelling levels up and down. Usually it's better to turn up your fuelling with the RRFR and trim down the fuelling with the SAFC. This means if the electronic side malfunctions your car will fall into a failsafe state of safe rich running.

MaccyD

Member +
ok jay, cheers for the info, i was a bit confused as to exactly what the fcd did. i think i might have a jam one as well from my old car, its just a box that says jam on it so i dont know what it does unless you know from wire colour ;)

i just want to confirm which side the fcd goes on through someone whos actually running it, if not ill just go with what you said ;)