Help! - Hks FCD - Couple of questions

powerpod

Member +
hey guys.

just wired my FCD in and started the car, on the turn off the key it started but then died, it did this 3 times then started fine? BUT the engine management light stayed on? Is that normal?

Also the little disc kinda thing with numbers on, What is that suppost to be set too???

I also let my car warm up then tryed just taking the revs round around abit and only seemed like it wanted to rev to 5k?? :S

Thanks and rep will be given !

Phil

Kyle_R

Member +
mine did this yesterday after i reshelled my old 1(before i wired in my fcd)after i refitted the fcd the engine man light went out and revved fine.mine is set on 8-9 iirc

corofin12345

Member +
whats mods do you have..? first off, id do a diagnostic test to see why the EML came on.. with the fcd setup you need a adjustable fpr and then you have to get the car on a rolling road to get the fueling sorted.. the tuner will set the fcd and fpr right.. a fcd only bypasses fuel cut by tricking the ecu into thinking that its not hitting fuel cut, it doesnt sort fueling so for now turn the dial on the fcd to 12 (which is off) untill you get the fueling sorted.. otherwise the engine wont last long