Help locked out of my GT

craigant

Member +
I have left my keys in college :rolleyes: so my car is stuck at the train station, i know how to get into the car but is there anyway i can start/drive it without the keys and without destrying the ignition barrel/steering lock so that i can get it home?

Thanks. :)

Jay

Admin
I'd advise caution on any advice posted publically concerning this query folks. In the interest of community security.

My advice is to leave it where it is and come back once you have the keys. You would have to basically hotwire your own car and break the steering lock in order to drive it and that's before considering any immobiliser/alarm systems you have fitted.

Jay

craigant

Member +
i dont have an alarm/immobilser but i think ill leave it if i have to snap the steering lock, just dont want to come back to find it on bricks tomorrow :l

Hairybeanbag

Fresh Recruit
I could tell you but knowing me I would wake up the morra to my motor being stolen or I would get abuse from fellow members I would recommend I you have breakdown cover contact them mate or wait till you get your keys back

Shorty

Member +
Id get the train back to college, most run night/eavning courses so doubt they have locked up for the night.

dark_knight

Member +
get it on a tow truck to safety. as Jay said, this information can't really be posted publicly, same ways wiring in a turbo timer and/or an alarm system is a little hush-hush as it needs identification of the ignition barrel wires.. something you don't want everyone to know.. :/

Nip home, grab your sleeping bag and tent that you have stored away since you were ten, grab some biscuits head back over to the car and have a sleep over

dark_knight

Member +
spares

& next time, keep a spare on the car at a secret location that only you know -- ensure it's secured well so that it won't fall off. either that or have a trusted mate/girl have a spare with them. it comes in handy a time like now..