help me read my plugs

the color is fine mate, but there BKR6e by thelooks of them as there a copper core, the IX on the end denotes irridium tips which is a very fine

Tim :)

dark_knight

Member +
Bkr 6e

@ mrturboed: hmmm.. i can almost swear the box said BKR 6E1X.. but i could be wrong.. or did the shop attendant dupe me..?! :) hehe -- i do know though that they are heat range 6. while on the subject matter, should i try heat range 7. running 0.75bar boost on a ct9b. thinking about it given our normally hot weather here.. :)

Rev

Member +
MR2 is spot on - The photo you posted has BKR6E stamped on the plug. I ran BKR-7Eix-11 and melted the small tips spiking at around 1.3 and a running at 1.1 bar I find more torque at low revs with the copper core BKR6E now.

Last edited:

dark_knight

Member +
cold(er) plug

honest mistake Rev. i mixed up my plug boxes.. and thought i'd directed you guys to a different photo.. these are actually BKR 6EYA-11 as can be seen from this shot that includes the box (on the right).
how come you were spiking with the colder plugs..?

Rev

Member +
honest mistake Rev. i mixed up my plug boxes.. and thought i'd directed you guys to a different photo.. these are actually BKR 6EYA-11 as can be seen from this shot that includes the box (on the right).
how come you were spiking with the colder plugs..?

No prob. I was boost spiking because I have a cheap boost controller ie. a door spring on the actuator. Just giving you an idea of the boost heat my plugs failed at.:)

dark_knight

Member +
thanks mate. appreciated. i'm yet to do more work on my setup so not really wanting to worry too much -- just to better understand and also hear what the rest of the owners out there are going through.. :)

on another note remember grade 6 is for stock cars, anything slightly modified or upto 1 bar boost move to 7's.

anything over that i would say go to 8's to be on the safe side, this is why REV melted his iridiums. Get the heat range right and iridiums are the way to go, engine seems much happier when your mapping them with those in. But stick to NGK iridiums as the denso onces have a habit of breaking there trips and the electrode falls into the engine destroying everything.

Tim :)