help neede ASAP!!

Hi,

ive got a problem on the ep82.. basically its not dumping any air out of the wastegate.. i have checked every possible pipes ECU wires etc and its all fine.. it pops slightly aswel

i havent drove the car for over a month now (parkd for winter) & i dont know how the problem started because car was fine when i parked it up over a month ago & i start it every other day to keep things runnin smooth..

since its been parkd i have installed a blitz ID power meter.. & decided to tke it for a spin & it jerked n nothing dumping out of external wastegate..

im running a ct9 hybrid, never had a problem with the car at all..

surely someone must have a clue on here ??? asap

Thanks!

What boost is it making?

0.8 bar never gone over that with this setup..

problem only started today when i decided to take it for a spin iround block n straight in garage..
i heard the it once dumping out of wastegate after that it jus makes a hissing noise with my foot down around 25/30mph

my mate who had the car before me says maybe cos u havnt driven it for a month thats y, & i agree with him cos it was fine before parked up for winter

weeJohn

Lifer
Could be its not dumping as its only just making that boost and has no signal to open. If its was stuck open you would hear it and if it was stuck closed boost would go way up.

As you say, its just been sitting about and needs a good blow out lol.

Could be its not dumping as its only just making that boost and has no signal to open. If its was stuck open you would hear it and if it was stuck closed boost would go way up.

As you say, its just been sitting about and needs a good blow out lol.

u recon a gud blast shud open it up ??

everthing seems totally fine..

when i usually start it up once its warm i rev it around 4krpm, n noticed other day it wasnt dumping anthng out of wastegate..

anyone else have diff opinions ??

weeJohn

Lifer
I would let it idle until its warmed up then take it out and give it a short blast in each gear first off. If you notice anything odd then dont do any more, if its ok give it a full pull from low revs to the limiter at full throttle in a higher gear (3rd or 4th).

Keep an eye on your boost gauge and check engine light when you are doing it. My car sits around for a month at a time sometimes and it needs coaxed to run full boost when its first took out, thats what I usually do.

I would let it idle until its warmed up then take it out and give it a short blast in each gear first off. If you notice anything odd then dont do any more, if its ok give it a full pull from low revs to the limiter at full throttle in a higher gear (3rd or 4th).

Keep an eye on your boost gauge and check engine light when you are doing it. My car sits around for a month at a time sometimes and it needs coaxed to run full boost when its first took out, thats what I usually do.

i'l try that then..

cheers mate..