help please is code 14 bad news

kenchyturbo

Member +
Hi there I own a ep82 gt and just had code 14 come up on the diagnostic is this anything to worry about car sseems to start up and run fine thanks for the help also I'm running a mines ecu

kenchyturbo

Member +
Hi there I know what it means but will it do any damage if I drive it with this code coming up or what should I be looking at that could be mostlikely the problem because the car runs fine and drives the same still thanks for your help

dac69er

Super Moderator
i only get this code with my jam ecu fitted. its fine with the standard one. it seems common with these types of ecu's so i wouldnt worry too much about it if it runs fine. try a standard ecu to prove a point if you can

kenchyturbo

Member +
Ok thanks for the help has made no difference at all in performance or the running of the car in anyway also have code 42 that comes up speed sensor but only comes up when I'm racing the engine anyway I can sort that out or is this because of the mines ecu ? thanks for the help people much appreciated

Jay

Admin
42 is usually caused by a lack of a speed signal to the ECU from the instrument cluster. If your speedo isn't working you should encounter it. That speed signal would be important to how your ECU controls the map. It'll not be optimal if it's going on an inaccurate reading.

Jay

kenchyturbo

Member +
My Speedo is still in kilometers and have had this fort code come up since I had the car can running the mines ecu be why its coming up? Had the car on rolling road for fuel set up and its fine usually comes up when I hit 70mph what can I look at to sort this problem out thanks