help required plz

keya

Member +
hi guys, my car has started 2 missfire on idle, when i rev it it stops, the odd time it does it under acceleration, plug leads r ok, any1 have any ideas?? Thanks

keya

Member +
y wud they sudenly just go tho? it only started doing it on the way home from work, it does it intermitantly under harsh acceleration and above 3000 rpms

CDJS GLANZA

Fresh Recruit
broken down ht leads happens quite alot also plugs can go aswell if water gets in has u have a front mount in your pic so the vent will allow water to go all oer your leads and make way into chambers (common problem)

keya

Member +
It hasn't rained today but thanks ill have a check tomorow, ill post up while im at work.

silverGtstu.

Member +
hi

i woud advise if your happy with the ignition ancillarys then go straight ahead and do a compression test i suffered the same issue i found low compression on cyl 2. only takes a ten min test mate.

keya

Member +
ive just got to work and removed the plug leads and 2 and 4 leads were all white, the white stuf rubs off, think it mite b condensation, took no 4 plug out and there was a bit of water on the lead end, i think im goin to order a set of plugs dry it all out and try it again

keya

Member +
right, got to work this morning and removed all the plugs/leads, i found a few drops of water on no.4 plug, so dryed it off and cleaned all 4 plugs and leads up. I went out in it at diner time and it didn't fault, left it untill 5 then drove home with no problems at all, going to see what its like in the morning but hopefully its cured it, thanks for the help guys, ill post up tomorow night see if its definately cured it and ill dish out the rep lol :)

right, got to work this morning and removed all the plugs/leads, i found a few drops of water on no.4 plug, so dryed it off and cleaned all 4 plugs and leads up. I went out in it at diner time and it didn't fault, left it untill 5 then drove home with no problems at all, going to see what its like in the morning but hopefully its cured it, thanks for the help guys, ill post up tomorow night see if its definately cured it and ill dish out the rep lol :)

did u get it sorted ?