HELP - Urgent - EMU again..**Update - 15/08/08**

Rory

Lifer
Right,

Ive just installed the Emanage Ultimate, with the harness for the Ecu.
I did NOT wire this in.

But the car will not fire when everything is installed.
Yet when i take the Emanage out of the equation, and run the standard ECU it will fire no problem.

Any help is much appreciated, as i need this done for mapping tomorow.

Please and thank you.

Rory

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Hey Rory

you say you did NOT wire this in? who did wire it in? and it sounds like a wiring fault to me, has everything been setup on the EMU software for the 4e engine?

Many Thanks
~Nick @ Tuning Developments

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
We wired this one in Nick but I tested it on no2 running Ultimate and it was good to go so it should be okay unless one of the wires has been gigged. It sounds to me like an ignition problem, best bet is to check spark at coil and plug end using a screwdriver on the strut bolt around 1 inch away and see how strong the spark is just to make sure you are getting a spark.

The problem is he's having the car mapped tomorrow so we can't check it over in time. I'll speak with Ed and Kev in the morning for you buddy hopefully something really simple. I'm of to bed now but Nick is a pro with these units so hopefully he can suggest something and I'll pick it up in the morn.

Nite lads,

T

Nick@TD.co.uk

Was the EMU a brand new unit? if the wiring has been run on another car then there should not be a problem there, Did you use the Main unit that rory is trying to use toby? or was it your own unit? common fault on the older EMU's was ignition chips getting knocked.

Rory

Lifer
Cheers for the input lads.

Having a thought, the dip switches on the front, if there is no values in the tables within the Ultimate, should all these be set in the off position, so it cant read them???

Nick, its a brand new unit, so that rules that one out, unless it has went.
There is nothing in the Ultimate, map wise. Its a blank canvass, as such.

Ive cancelled mapping, as it was to late last night to do anything.
Im not losing out on anything, so no worrys there.

Cheers again

Rory

Rory

Lifer
Another idea of what i could be.

I dont have a laptop, so i cant load the parameters required for the 4e, could this be it?
I also dont have a cable to do it.

Rory

Lifer
Had another look,
It will not spark when installed. :(

Something to do with the wiring me thinks.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Hi mate,

Do you have time to send it down mate so we can take a look? I spoke to Ed today and he thought ignition as well. If there is no spark then I would suggest what Nick said. We didn't test it with that emange unit we just plugged into our car to see if she was running smoothly. Ed @ Fusion is really good with these units but we couldn't get through to him today. We've wired loads in without issue but anything is possible.

Send me an email when you can mate, are the coilovers on yet and running well? Think you will love those!!

T

Nick@TD.co.uk

Just double check the ignition wires on the loom thats been wired, make sure no one has pulled a wire off or anything, also double check all plugs click into the ECU and Emanage correctly with a firm click noise.

If you have a multi meter also check at each end of the ignition wires for a break in the wire, if they check out ok i'd be looking into the EMU unit, has anyone had the board out of the unit to adjust settings?

Many Thanks

Rory

Lifer
Nick,

Ive never had the board out.
Yep all connections click, ive had this problem before.........
Ive looked over all wires that are spliced in, and from what i can see, there is no broken connections (there soldered)

If i have time, ill put a multimeter across all points, but Toby has asked me to send the Unit back to him, to have a look.

Rory

Nick@TD.co.uk

Nick,

Ive never had the board out.
Yep all connections click, ive had this problem before.........
Ive looked over all wires that are spliced in, and from what i can see, there is no broken connections (there soldered)

If i have time, ill put a multimeter across all points, but Toby has asked me to send the Unit back to him, to have a look.

Rory
Hey Rory

Ok buddy no worrys just trying to help, im sure you will get it sorted no worrys buddy.

If you need anything just drop me a PM and ill see if i can help.

Many Thanks

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Yeah thanks for your help Nick top man. I would also recommend just checking over the parameters with a MM just incase it's something really simple Rory. That unit is the latest one as well so shouldn't have the old problems like the replaced units but if it's faulty we'll send it back to Trust.

Let me know what readings you get, I may get Ed to take a look as well as he's like Nick with these units.

T

@ Nick - We've added the GB for the TT mounts if you want to get your name down just a heads up as you mentioned before.

Rory

Lifer
Ill do that hopefully tomorow night.
Earliest i can send would be Monday anyway.

ill let you know asap, but send me an address Toby just incase.

Rory

azerty

Supermoderator
has the car has started once with this emu ?
if no parameter are entered in EMU (4efte profile) the car should not start.
make sure the right EMU wire is used for ignition (as I remember I first used chanel 6 by mistake as it is same color but lighter)

Rory

Lifer
Lio,

The car has never started with the Emanage. :(
Parameters are not set, the EMU is a blank canvass.
I have no means in setting them, no cable or laptop.

Rory

Nick@TD.co.uk

Lio,

The car has never started with the Emanage. :(
Parameters are not set, the EMU is a blank canvass.
I have no means in setting them, no cable or laptop.

Rory
Hey Rory

If you were closer to me i'd bring my equipment over and setup the basics for you but your quite away from me mate :flame:

And toby thanks for the kind words and ill get onto that Engine Mount GB asap, are they in stock yeah?

Many Thanks

Rory

Lifer
Nick,

Thats a pity.
Where are you exactly? Just out of curiousity.

I should be getting a cable asap, and a laptop when i pull my finger out......

Rory

Nick@TD.co.uk

Nick,

Thats a pity.
Where are you exactly? Just out of curiousity.

I should be getting a cable asap, and a laptop when i pull my finger out......

Rory
Hey Rory

Im located in Warrington, North West Mate.

Many Thanks