Help..Vibration after 100kmp.

Amd1691

Member +
Help..Vibration after 100kmph.

Hi guys..
I had recently got new wheels on but now I am having some really annoying issues.
When I am driving everything is fine, well as long as its under 100kmp, but as soon as I go beyond that, the car starts to shake a bit and as the speed increases shakes more and more.
I have already checked regarding the wheels specs, which are fine, if that helps, dey are 195/45/15 mounted on set of 6.5x15 and offset 37(if Im not mistaken).
Thinking that it might be the spigot rings, I got them replaced for the proper ones, but still having the same issue.
Im now thinkin that it might be the wheel balancing, coz the bloke who changed the tyres told me that since the rim already had weights to them, no need to balance the wheel again with the new tyres.
Does anyone has any information/suggestion that hes willing to share that might help?
Thanks

Last edited:

toyobaz

Member +
its balancing !

whenever a tyre is put on the wheel must be rebalanced
the old weights should be removed and new ones used

Stulet-GTT

Member +
the bloke who changed the tyres told me that since the rim already had weights to them, no need to balance the wheel again with the new tyres.

The bloke who said that to you should not be allowed near a car and should hav his finger broken, Was he BLONDE????:shoot:

Take the car to a proper tyer fitter get them to remove all weight's from wheels and rebalance them, that should sort it out for you. and dont bother again with the other garage again...

The bloke who said that to you should not be allowed near a car and should hav his finger broken, Was he BLONDE????:shoot:

Uhm Uhm, I'm blonde and know that you should balance your tyre's :slap:

you should in principal however what you will find is most cars will really only have the fronts balanced .

If the backs arnt balanced then you wont feel vibration of course they should be balanced espically if you dont like replacing bearings but most garages unless ask wont.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
My uncle has his own tyer company, will have to ask him about this...

But i have alway's known all wheels to be balanced wether on the front or rear, they put the tyer on the rim then it gets ballanced befor it goes on the car..

My uncle has his own tyer company, will have to ask him about this...

But i have alway's known all wheels to be balanced wether on the front or rear, they put the tyer on the rim then it gets ballanced befor it goes on the car..

Of course that what your led to beleive but honestly from working in the business its not. If a company can save money and get away with it they will, you wont feel any difference through driving it so the customers not to no any wiser.