hesitates on boost at 4000-4500 rpm

ramses974

Member +
Hi
i have a problem with my Seo, it seems not boosting right at 4000-4500rpm as if it was jerking or bouncing...
i read a lot on all forum that said it is common to ignition :lead-cap-dizzy-spark-plug -igniter etc
I have spark plugs and plugs new
how to chek correctly the rotor arm and dizzy
some people said that they can break etc
can someone can help me how to chek these components
thanx
:drive:

(PS: only 2 4efte engine in my island -PASEO swap that is mine and a EP82 )

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
take a picture of the distributor cap (internally) and rotor arm and we should be able to tell from that.

are the plugs and leads new?

ramses974

Member +
take a picture of the distributor cap (internally) and rotor arm and we should be able to tell from that.

are the plugs and leads new?

ok i will do that...there is a lot of rain and wind ..in ly island

yes plugs and leads are new , i have change them to verify

dac69er

Super Moderator
Hard to tell. If they have never been changed I would consider changing them anyway to rule them out.

SupaStu

Member +
I would go with what Duncan said, if the terminals on the distributor are worn, get it changed, ive had something similar and changing it fixed it.

ramses974

Member +
can someone can indicate me a shop to buy these components as i am very far of Europe( a shipping to France will be easy for me )

ramses974

Member +
I am curious about what psi of boost you are running and the gap on your spark plugs.

i can rassure you about 2 things :
1/ it is not fuel cut i am at 0.6bar only to eliminate this théory
2/these are exactly the same gap as the spark are new and oem from toyota

Guye

Lifer
i can rassure you about 2 things :
1/ it is not fuel cut i am at 0.6bar only to eliminate this théory
2/these are exactly the same gap as the spark are new and oem from toyota

Actually I wasn't thinking something as simple as fuel cut. Depending on your turbo/cfm/boost levels there is a possibility that the spark at the plugs may have been "blown out". That's why I was curious about both the boost level and the spark plug gap. There are times where the oem plug gap is inadequate. Well...my curiousity has been satisfied.

Last edited:

ramses974

Member +
Have you tried changing the knock sensor?

yes knock sensor changed with a friend of mine to test and eliminate some theory...

The more curious is that happears only after changing the timing belt ... i notice that after 4 months ....not sure there is a relation

ramses974

Member +
Have you tried changing the knock sensor?

yes knock sensor changed with a friend of mine to test and eliminate some theory...

The more curious is that happears only after changing the timing belt ... i notice that after 4 months ....not sure there is a relation

ramses974

Member +
a friend of mine help me to verify the timing belt ... 2 tooth outside the timing mark... i will finish all this monday and i will tell you if it causes this problem ( i hope )