high idle problems :( HELP!

Dan_112

Member +
Hi guys and girls, ive just brought a glanza ep91, having issues with high idle, but only happens when i put my foot down hard :s ive cleaned the idle control vaule, but has made no difference........ when the car is idleing and i disconnect the icv it makes no difference to how the car is idleing. Not sure if its the icv or should i be looking else where???

The car is standard apart from an air filter.

Any help... thanks people!

Gilly2006

Member +
check all pipes for boost leaks first.. has it got an aftermarket bov??
yeh what Bov have you got aftermarket? quiet a relevent topic as i had the same problems and had a forge Bov, replaced the Diaphram and a few weeks later it split which cause the high idle.

Quick Nick

Member +
I had issues with a hunting idle, went high then low, its a common problem. It actually began on my car when the head gasket started to go. Quite rare, but thought I would warn you that this was the problem causing my funky idle...

Dan_112

Member +
Hi, guys thanks for getting back to me the engine is standard im not running an aftermarkment BOV. Ill check all the pipes tonight. Thanks

Dan_112

Member +
hi all again ive checked all my vac pipes last night by starting her up disconnecting the pipes one at a time and sealing up However, this makes no difference :( could it be anything else before i change the idle control vaule? Or should i be checking anything else? thanks

Mikey4410

Member +
It helps to have a boost gauge if you havent got one as they show vacuum.on tick ova ure engine should show -20psi. My dump valve was leaking a month or so ago ,my idle was funky and i had just -3 psi idle. Basically a boost guage wil help find a leak if there is one!

Dan_112

Member +
Hi peeps still having same problem, now car is idling at 4K so cant drive now untill its fixed :( so far ive checked all vac pipes (no leaks) changed the icv made no difference (was new from toyota), I do have a boost / vac gauge, there is a difference in the vac when the car revs higher, e.g. when car idles normal vac is around the -13psi when playing up reads about -5psi. Can any help me with where i could go next?? Or does anyone no who could help me in the birmingham area??

Thanks again

ryan_ep82

Fresh Recruit
i had the same problem with mine. bt mines auto. turned the screw on the manifold and it didnt change. turned out 2 b a tiny alen key shaped grub screw on the throtle body bt im nt sure if its diferent on a manual. worth a look tho