Highway Insurance CON! Must Read!

richglanzav

Member +
yeh dude ive always known they r pretty shit 2bh, quote on a glanza was apsolutely ridiculous, and they never phone back so i just told them where to go and found sky who im with now.

good to put a heads up on here tho for forum members.

The guy is a bit of an idiot, they accused him of lying etc and he said he couldn't be arsed going through their complaints procedure etc or go to the insurance ombudsman.

He was in the right and if he could be arsed he would get his money. I would have them in court.

sx_turbo

Lifer
he should get an independent engineer to look at it, and contest there findings.

i had huge problems with highway insurance when someone ran into the back of me.

they stripped me of my no claims for 9 months even though the accident werent my fault, and they said it was because i made a claim, i did make a claim but the accident werent my fault so it shouldnt affect my no claims.

in the end they said they were waiting for the other guys insurance to pay them there money back before they give me my no claims.

i fought tooth and nail to get it sorted and phoned them 3 times a week until it got sorted, and in the mean time my insurance ran out and i had to get a policy elsewhere and pay an obscene ammount, lucky the new insurance company were very helpful and when i got my no claims back they reimbursed me the extra money i had to pay within 1week.

malcolmgt

Member +
its blocked on my work comp, can someone copy it in here of give me the jist... i work in motor insurance so can be veryy helpful

sx_turbo

Lifer
Well just found out my so called insurance policy is not worth the paper its printed on!
Saying they will not payout on mechanical failure of the fuel pipe.
Im gutted !!!

they also went on to say I had Nitrous fitted!!! I mean WTF!! they are saying their trained Engineer found a T piece on the fuel pipe indicates a fuel boosting system!!! never used nitrous in my life!!!

They also they have been on this Forum found out my forum name and found some interesting posts about racing and such like, so FFFing what!. I mean WTF has that got to do with a fire claim!!!

I did everything by the book declared my mods and stuff.

Guys and Girls, I advise you unless you have a complete standard car not to bother with fully comp.

I will be insuring Third party only from now on

Now I need to get my car back and break it for parts to get some money back

malcolmgt

Member +
cheers matey, wow that is intense stuff. never ever heard of an insurance company doing any of that at all... i would have gone to fos and taken then to the cleaners!

Paul_JJ

Member +
I am with them, my car is pretty much standard, but they're not cheap at all. Most of the insurance companies like that, elephant/admiral for sure, but some of them charge a lot and won't pay anything in case something happens. People recommend sky on this forum, I should try it next year!

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Weird that a mechanical failure isn't covered, I wonder if my insurance is like that.

I guess if she went on fire I'd have to say I set it on fire while playing with a BBQ or something mad :p