hiting fuel cut

rob.94.gt

Member +
just got a new turbo fitted(off dan ep82 who was sound to deal with thanks again lad)

car going perfect in low boost but when i put it into hi and drop the boot.boost reaches .8 i think and hits fuel cut what do i do

just get a fcd or would i just be better of turning the boost down

all opinions on the matter very much appreicted

thanks in advance

also might be best to say that im not looking for power gains just want my car to run safe

GTdan

In The Closet
if you fit an fcd you need an rrfpr to sort the fuelling. as the fcd will make your engine run lean.
This will need to be checked by a wideband ie on a rolling road to make sure all is set up and running ok.

So it may be better just turn the boost down.

Mike_ep91

Member +
id turn the boost down mate,with the cold weather were gettin at the moment you will be hitting fuelcut quite easy.try and get a fcd and a rrfpr to sort out your fueling for ya and then get it on a r/r and get it set up.

kieran.s gt

Member +
lads can i get more oppions please would really ba appreicted

id turn the boost down around .7 until you stop hitting fuel cut
you don,t want to be hitting fuel cut alot
or as said get an fcd and fpr
is the wastegate ported on the turbo ?

Last edited:

ChrisGT

Member +
May sound stupid but how do u turn down the boost????

Electronic Boost Controller/Adjustable Actuator/Manual Boost Controller can all be used to "turn down the boost". But that may not necessarily stop you hitting fuel cut as the boost will creep up past what you want it to be/what it is set at - and therein lies the problem. :mad:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7226

Look at the thread above and it'll give you a good idea on what your dealing with.

If it was me id buy a Jam FCD and a HKS Actuator set to .8bar
Then get a FPR and get martin to look at it on the dyno day.

If you want it safe for now either get a HKS Actuator or a manual boost controller and turn it down,at least then if you want more power you have some of the supporting mods in place.
Dan

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Electronic Boost Controller/Adjustable Actuator/Manual Boost Controller can all be used to "turn down the boost". But that may not necessarily stop you hitting fuel cut as the boost will creep up past what you want it to be/what it is set at - and therein lies the problem. :mad:

Ideal thank's.
I have jus brought a greddy BCC and i have a boost gadge(not fitted yet) and am looking at a hks actuator. So i will be asking question's soon and looking out for tip's...

Sorry to hijack ya thread

Ted

Member +
wire in a jam fcd(not a hks!) then get a fuel check with a wideband tester.
even at 0.8 with no other mods it might be ok, varies from car to car. the addition of a walbro pump ups fuel pressure just a tad and it might help on its own.