hos to remove efi pipe? and heat shield?

midge

Fresh Recruit
is it a jubille clip? only accessable from underneath?
with this removed can i pull the heat shield out?

Arnold

Lifer
It's not a jubilee clip, it's the same type as the ones used to hold on most of the standard pipes, oil lines, etc. Quite fiddly to get off. You shouldn't need to remove that to get the heat shield off as thats bolted on

bucketep91

Member +
ur planning on takingt the efi pipe off to get the heat shield? i wouldnt bother m8 the efi pipe is a nightmare to get back on

midge

Fresh Recruit
thats what i thought tbh, i undid the heat shield but it just wouldnt come out, its stuck on the bottom left corner off it, i just presumed it was getting caught on the efi pipe? is there a clip or something?

malcolmgt

Member +
thats what i thought tbh, i undid the heat shield but it just wouldnt come out, its stuck on the bottom left corner off it, i just presumed it was getting caught on the efi pipe? is there a clip or something?

exact same for me. did mine when doing fmic

midge

Fresh Recruit
How did you get yours out? i presume you had the rad out? thats the only way i can see of doing it, either remove rad or efi pipe.
Hassle!

Meston

Member +
You can unbolt the efi pipe then rotate it toward you to undo the top left bolt on heat shield then you should be able to pullbit off.

glanzapower

Member +
Yep mate it is a hassle...i just changed my turbo and it was a headache u relli need 2 people...taking it off is just jiggling it about and pulling it but putting it back is headache due to the oil filter in the way....but you need someone to use pliers to open up the clip and someone to push the pipe onto the housing of the turbo which is hard...i had all cut up hands afterwards...lol
hope this helps