How I spent my Sunday - Clannonball Run

easty-5

Member +
Where to start?

First off, this was a charity event for CLAN (A cancer charity based in Aberdeen). All of the cars were put on ebay auctions and the highest bidder on each car got a passenger run out from Aberdeen to Balmoral Castle and back (Circa 100miles) in the car they placed the highest bid on. The weather was terrible but pretty much all the cars still turned up and the most was made out of it. I ended up being passenger in a 07 plate Aston Martin 4.3L V8. What a car, what an absolutely fantastic car! The noise is just fantastic and it certainly isn't a slouch either. The driver was a really great guy and true petrolhead. He wasn't afraid to give it beans and hang the tail out. It was great fun. The convoy out must have looked fantastic aswell. Over 30 supercars all in line gunning through some of Scotlands finest roads. What a spectical!

Anyway, I'll let the pictures do the talking. Apoligies for the quality, I left my camera at home so had to make do with my Iphone.

360blue.jpg

360s.jpg

599.jpg

997GT3.jpg

Astons.jpg

Corvette.jpg

F50.jpg

KonigCCX.jpg

CCXEngine.jpg

Murci.jpg

Superleggera2.jpg

Superleggera.jpg

Vantage.jpg

Tuscan.jpg

VantageDB9.jpg

SuperleggeraOrange.jpg

Superleggera3.jpg

SagarisExigeGT.jpg

Sagaris.jpg

360softtop.jpg

360converts.jpg

ExigeGT.jpg

F430F1s.jpg

F502.jpg

GT2ExigeGT.jpg

GT3.jpg

Murci2.jpg

MeVantage.jpg

MeVantage2.jpg

Cheers,
Jamie

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Wow. Thats an awesome idea! some epic cars there.

How much did you have to pay for the winning bid on yours dude? Were the roads nice and empty?

easty-5

Member +
Wow. Thats an awesome idea! some epic cars there.

How much did you have to pay for the winning bid on yours dude? Were the roads nice and empty?

I only paid £60 for mine :)

Absolute bargain, you wouldn't be able to get a taxi out there for that price let alone back again!

The roads were nice and quiet but the weather was terrible. Flooded and all sorts. Made for some interesting driving though and the Aston owner wasn't scared to plant the foot and hang the tail out.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I only paid £60 for mine :)

Absolute bargain, you wouldn't be able to get a taxi out there for that price let alone back again!

The roads were nice and quiet but the weather was terrible. Flooded and all sorts. Made for some interesting driving though and the Aston owner wasn't scared to plant the foot and hang the tail out.

That is a bargain & a half!! Would have loved that shit!

haha bet that was fun in the wet. Did you go in the Vantage or the DB9?

easty-5

Member +
Looks like a good event. Is that you in the pics? Excellent idea to earn for charity :)

That is a bargain & a half!! Would have loved that shit!

haha bet that was fun in the wet. Did you go in the Vantage or the DB9?

Yea it was awesome. The convoy would have looked amazing from the outside.

I was in the Vantage, that's me in the pictures with the Vantage I was in. The noise it made was incredible.

scot-ish

Member +
wish i knew, i would have let them use the starlet

looks cool that tho, sure it made a good bit for charity, and good to see some of the richer people doing things for charity