How many on here run Dastec

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
few people run it, aze has made the most power on it that i no of, 290whp at 2 bar

if i was to get a ecu i would go emanage unltimate, atleast you can find a tuner that will map them

miller3

Member +
yer i was speaking to him last night Gaz' just weighing up our options really'

I think for what we want i might stick with it for just now as we should make plenty of power on it and it will still make for a quick car!!

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
yeah if you got one already, go ahead and get it mapped, just if you have not bought one yet get the emanage,

miller3

Member +
u decided where your gonna get it tuned yet doug?

well exhaust is now done rick so just got to book it in for mapping somewhere' and Austec seem to be top of my list at the moment'

but i keep on thinking about fitting cossie management fpmsl :haha:

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
Yeah all good, pose to be taking it Ireland on Thursday, 500 miles in one day, not sure how it's going to deal with that LOL

richglanzav

Member +
and a forged engine / TD04 etc

What boost and power do you have?

thats exactly what mines running mate. forged engine+ ported and polished head + dastek+ td04 kit.

the result was 253bhp at just under 1.2 bar. car also has hardly any lag as such. very quick indeed. ile probz get it cranked up to 1.4 bar soon.

dantheman

Member +
ran one on my gti-r and that wash pushing 430bhp, so theyre definanly capable little units.. obviously theres always going to be better options but for the money you cant complain.

miller3

Member +
thats exactly what mines running mate. forged engine+ ported and polished head + dastek+ td04 kit.

the result was 253bhp at just under 1.2 bar. car also has hardly any lag as such. very quick indeed. ile probz get it cranked up to 1.4 bar soon.

Just curious' why was it only mapped to 1.2 bar?

miller3

Member +
are right cool thanks' We have a HKS evc6 BC fitted so will get it mapped as high as we can and then just turn it down a tad for everyday use!!!

iirc iv seen a few mapped to 1.6 bar ??? is that right???

:)