how to fix spoiler?

Reeco

Member +
hi guys, just did a quick search for this, i assumed it would have been covered already but i cant find anything? feel free to direct me to a previous thread if there is one.

Anyway i bought a livesports replica spoiler from id workz a while back and i'm only just getting round to getting it sprayed and fitted, i've just realized there aren't any bolt holes or anyway of fixing it to my ep82. i just tiger sealed my last mid spoiler but i dont fancy doing the same with the livesports one, its a fair bit bigger ;) and unlike the mid spoiler the wind will be hitting this one.

so any suggestions?

thanks guys

Jay

Admin
Hmmm.. with the size of that spoiler I wouldn't like to leave it up to tigerseal alone to hold onto it. Imagine the downforce at speed lol.

If the spoiler is solid enough then you should be able to use some self tapping screws or even drill and thread some fresh bolt holes. Might be worth talking to Idrees directly to hear his advice.

Jay

davemc

Fresh Recruit
Line it up properly and drill some small holes. I used thick self tappers but dont over tighten it because then you have a problem

Reeco

Member +
Hmmm.. with the size of that spoiler I wouldn't like to leave it up to tigerseal alone to hold onto it. Imagine the downforce at speed lol.

If the spoiler is solid enough then you should be able to use some self tapping screws or even drill and thread some fresh bolt holes. Might be worth talking to Idrees directly to hear his advice.

Jay

haha yeah jay, that was my thoughts exactly, i dont fancy watching £170 woth of fibre glass falling off the back of my car, and i dont think traffic behind me will apreciate it all that much either ;)

But okay bud, seeing as you and dacemc both mentioned the self tappers has to be worth a try, just have to make sure i line it up properly the first time, but just incase ill give idrees a shout aswell.

Cheers guys