identify this diff please

gedis

Member +
as some of you know i blew 3rd gear in my glanza, so whent away and got new box for 230 euro with 70k miles, to my suprize when i opened her i found a diff inside(bought as non lsd box) now it looks identical to trd unit but just to be sure can some one confirm this, also is there way to tell if its 2way or 1.5way?

PICT0402.jpg

PICT0403.jpg

PICT0404.jpg

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
ya looks trd alright , you lucky fu**er , a nice profit to be made and what a muppet who sold ya the box ha ha ,,, mine below

DSCF0090.jpg

gedis

Member +
ya looks identical ,i smell a for sale thread soon ha ha

lol i already got 2pm's about it, but i might be doing bit of work to boxy so not sure yet, will let people know in couple moth's time, also my gearbox will be going back together in a next couple weeks, should i use my quaiffe(torque biasing) or this trd(1.5way i suspect), also note that quaiffe diff's are not a true diff so if i'll brake the drive shaft i wont be able to drivehome :mad:

GT_Irl

Member +
Theres a few different trd ones. Well in that case Gedis put in the trd and get rid of the quaiffe;)

gedis

Member +
thats deffinetly a torsen type lsd, works exactly like a quaife atb does

so say if i break one drive shaft will i be able to drive home?
i had a dc2 type r before with aftermarket diff and i broke drive shaft and still drove home, now local rally driver told me quaife is very good diff(i wonder how it compares to other on 1/4mile track) but its not a true lsd and if i break the shaft it wont move again