ignition/ ht leads... what brand?

glanzaV195

Member +
been looking around for some new leads as i have a miss match of leads on my car now and they'r all getting a bit past their best!(arcing out)
the only ones i can find are ultra blues at a stupid £150!!!
and wanky crappy bullshit shoddy rip off magnecors:slap:
what else is there apart from oem? cant even find trd leads any more!
any one got any suggestions? is it possible to get oem copy leads made by a reputable company such as ngk or bosch.....something realisticly priced would be nice.
thanks.

Mike_ep91

Member +
get on to one of the traders on the site and get yourself a good set of magnecores.they aint selling rip of ones.

glanzaV195

Member +
get on to one of the traders on the site and get yourself a good set of magnecores.they aint selling rip of ones.

no mate what i mean is magnecors are a rip off, the ends are just really badly crimped on, and build quality is poor.
the last set i had the end fell of the king lead after a few days, not very funny when they cost me like 80 odd quid!, i had to cut the rubber boot crimp the end back on to get me going again, so that screwed the waranty but i had no choice at the time:( then a few weeks later it developed a miss fire as one of the leads was arcing across the cam cover,
i now have a miss match consisting off some old splitfire leads and magnecor 85's
i really dont want to go through all that again thanks!

Mike_ep91

Member +
no mate what i mean is magnecors are a rip off, the ends are just really badly crimped on, and build quality is poor.
the last set i had the end fell of the king lead after a few days, not very funny when they cost me like 80 odd quid!, i had to cut the rubber boot crimp the end back on to get me going again, so that screwed the waranty but i had no choice at the time:( then a few weeks later it developed a miss fire as one of the leads was arcing across the cam cover,
i now have a miss match consisting off some old splitfire leads and magnecor 85's
i really dont want to go through all that again thanks!

oh rite dude took that up wrong.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i agree. the qaulity of magnecors isnt very good. and whatever you do, dont complain too them. youll get some jumped up bloke badgering you telling you its your fault and trying to sell you a new set

Fishy89GT

Banned
I've not had a problem with mine. but ngk make standard replacements they are blue and cost about 30 quid. hope this helps!

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
found on ebay last week. gimmi a min il search again for you

edit: cant find them :( but they pop on ebay every now and then

glanzaV195

Member +
i agree. the qaulity of magnecors isnt very good. and whatever you do, dont complain too them. youll get some jumped up bloke badgering you telling you its your fault and trying to sell you a new set

i remember another thread about them quite a while back, and you said that, thats why i never bothered trying to get a refund or anything,:argue: plus i had to butcher them to get the car running again:mad:
conclusion: magnecor lot are a bunch of assholes:haha:

MikeN

Member +
Blitz :)

5yrbiu.jpg

Fishy89GT

Banned
the NGK's are normally on the bay....im sure you can phone ngk and they will be able to source some for you..even burwash possibly as he deals with them for their plugs etc...