IHI vf35 (billet)

Ted

Member +
Check the scoobynet site. Lots of info on billet type turbos and dyno/response results. All are hybrids that are bigger than a vf35.

Ted

Member +
Sounds like an excellent idea in theory. Vf35 is my favourite turbo on a starlet. Keep us posted.

ramses974

Member +
some news...

billet has arrived since 1 month but i have had no time to do the mod.

here are the 2 wheels :
billet at the left and stock at the right

vf35 fitted

i cannot go to the road to test due to the fact that there was a lot of rain and a big accident near my house but:
parking with stock vf35 only 0.1bar with foot pedal down !!!!! with billet i am now at 0.5bar ....

Last edited:

ramses974

Member +
on my 5e ,difference is 800 -1000rpm in term of spool, very very good ... i am very amazing by the billet
Now i'am spooling since 3000rpm and full boost is at 3800

now i can say in term of response and spooling for my 5e:

1/td04 L13
2/ihi vf35 billet
3/td04L15 or L19T
4/Td04H19
5/ihi vf35 (stock)
6/ihi vf28

Last edited:

GP82

Member +
WoW! Thats a big difference in spool, sounds good to me, anything to reduce lag is good. Did you not require balancing of the shaft and turbine with the billet wheel?

ramses974

Member +
WoW! Thats a big difference in spool, sounds good to me, anything to reduce lag is good. Did you not require balancing of the shaft and turbine with the billet wheel?

to be honnest , i should have done that, but i have no time to send it to a local shop to do that as i know there are in hollydays

good info as usual ramses974

a few questions
where did you get this wheel from?
do they have other wheels available?
what price is it?
what's the build quality like?
what's the difference in weight?

thanks for any response you can provide

ramses974

Member +
good info as usual ramses974

a few questions
where did you get this wheel from?
do they have other wheels available?
what price is it?
what's the build quality like?
what's the difference in weight?

thanks for any response you can provide

1/ i get it from Bruce (Kinugawa)
2/they only have this wheel for stock diameter( stock inducer ,exducer),they have another wheel that require machining the housing
3/under 99 USD (all cost me 149 usd as i am outside Europe)
4/it is a qood quality build , the same as the billet you can see on hight cost turbo
5/i have not weighting the whell meanwhile i have a balance to do that but i can say that it is lighter than the stock , you can feel it imediatly in your hand

Last edited:

Skalabala

Member +
Dude... Are you the famous turbo killer? :D :p
bloodturbo.jpg

AdamB

Member +
Dude... Are you the famous turbo killer? :D :p
bloodturbo.jpg

The turbo tried to kill him lol.

What kinda boost are you running through the VF35 to make full boost at 3800rpm?
You paid a great price, over here it will be easily double maybe even triple that.