Im A C*ck... Help With Volk Centre Caps Please.

liam2368

Member +
Well here goes the story.

blasted this set of wheels early this year then got them sprayed and the paint reacted for some reason so i then reblasted them and this is where the stupid bit goes!

i acid dipped them and at the same time put the centre caps in there too, how stupid dohhhhhh!

the inside of the centre cap has rubber thread inserts and they discintegrated,

so now im left with this

Photo0098.jpg

Instead of these which are on my other volks

Photo0104.jpg

so now they just slide over the centre thread and theres about a 3-5mm gap so obviously there not fixed on in any way shape of form.

see the gap in this picture

Photo0100-1.jpg

any ideas what i can do? new centre caps won't be availabe and the measurements are 55mm internal and 65mm external (thread side)

Thanks in Advance.

dandydons

Member +
Make some nice cheap centre caps with the plastic lids of spray cans/polish etc . You have to experiment a bit - I cut the bottom off one and then form an inner lip with another cutting and tape it all together spray it colour of your choice and hey presto 4 new caps . First time i did it 2 fell off within a few miles but still have two and keep meaning to make another pair but never got round to it.:)

dandydons

Member +
Will try and get some for you mate -too dark now obviously ..You could try a variation - put plastic lid part inside your caps but would risk them falling off since they are basically push fit only...
that sounds pritty crazy lol, you got pictures?

dandydons

Member +
Tut tut, putting dodgy centre caps on the car I'm buying.

Haha just joking mate!

Theres only three dodgy ones mate - the other is lying in a verge somewhere :haha:but I will show you in person how to create a new one ! - You should have set off by now mate - long drive ahead..

Nippon

Member +
I would suggest having a rummage through B+Q or somewhere like that to see if you can get a rubber washer that is the right size u need. Or maybe you could slice a bit off the end of a silicone hose or somin.
Either way. You're going to have to bodge it unless you buy new centre caps.

Idrees

Banned
Theres only three dodgy ones mate - the other is lying in a verge somewhere :haha:but I will show you in person how to create a new one ! - You should have set off by now mate - long drive ahead..
Waiting for my cousin to finish work, otherwise I'm ready!!

KevinK

Member +
email 101tires.com, i been looking for centre caps for my black racing ProN1's for ever, these guys had them in stock!!

very helpfull, send overseas and good prices.