In your opinion What is the Worst Smell in the World???

Tanz

Lifer
Okay just wondering what would ye consider the worst smell ever!!!

Curious to see would many of yers be too dissimilar to what i think is...

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
well i was out skark fishing last week and we had 2 month old cow blood with cut up hearts and liver all inside a big drum that we were using to attract them, there was 5 of us out and everyone got sick over it ,that smell will stay with me for the rest of my days , the sharks liked it though lol

Tanz

Lifer
well i was out skark fishing last week and we had 2 month old cow blood with cut up hearts and liver all inside a big drum that we were using to attract them, there was 5 of us out and everyone got sick over it ,that smell will stay with me for the rest of my days , the sharks liked it though lol

Did you get any on you cause i say nothing could wash that stench off you....on another note though dont they use that to make black pudding also...

gv1.3

Admin
hmmm interesting, I have a few that I dont like.

Burning hair
Someone else's bad shite smell left in the jax after them
BO from someone that has not washed in a while
Stale smell of piss of someone
Cat piss

Most of those pissy smells are caused by ammonia and I find that when you encounter them they knock the wind out of you.

Fav smells include:
Proper chilli being cooked down slowly for hours
Weed
Tires being given abuse
Christmas dinner cooking
Vinegar
L'Occitane caramel shower gel (bastards dont sell it anymore though)
Molten Brown eucalyptus shower gel :) wakes ya up

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
Did you get any on you cause i say nothing could wash that stench off you....on another note though dont they use that to make black pudding also...

ya black pudding is cows blood but not 2 months old and cut up with a load of guts ha ha , i will never forget the smell !!!!

gv1.3

Admin
that rancid blood sounds pretty bad... but black pudding jesus its lovely and people say "but its made from blood". Call me a vampire then, that stuff is my fav... best thing that comes out of Clonakilty :p

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
that rancid blood sounds pretty bad... but black pudding jesus its lovely and people say "but its made from blood". Call me a vampire then, that stuff is my fav... best thing that comes out of Clonakilty :p

ya pudding is lovely hard to believe thats its blood but i wouldnt like to eat it if it was made from the stuff we had lol

Arnold

Lifer
Dog shit
Snack a Jacks / Rice Cakes
Gearbox oil
My girlfriends daughters farts
Fesitval toilets

Tanz

Lifer
ok so ye dont like the smell of stale blood but ye like black pudding....
Dylan dont like piss sh**t and b.o. along with burning hair
Richie dont like fresh vomit and Arnold dont like the smell of festival toilets his gfs daughters farts, the subtle hint of a rice cake, gearbox oil which i must admit i cant stand either and dog sh**t..

My question is though are they the worst smells in the world to ye or do ye just really not like them..
Also even when you smell those smells do ye instantly run for the hills or take another sniff or two to get a right good wiff of them before doing so??

Last edited:

gv1.3

Admin
okay I see what you are getting at... like the worst worst worst possible smell...

Rotting fish, like right when it is pungently rotten is very bad. Apparently one of the worst smells is that of a decomposing body - apparently once you smell a ripe body nothing will ever smell as bad and the smell stays with you forever. I thankfully do not have direct experience of decomposing dead bodies.

A freshly soiled nappy is bad too.

Gryzor

Admin
there's an old dump near us where someone has dumped a couple of dead heifers, you could smell them well before you got near the spot. I'm guessing thats what a "ripe" body smells like, not that I ever want to find out.

[video=youtube;6nPUnmbPYHE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nPUnmbPYHE[/video]

Last edited:

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
ya black pudding is cows blood but not 2 months old and cut up with a load of guts ha ha , i will never forget the smell !!!!

Well it's Pigs blood. Not cows

As for the smell i'd have to say it's Burning Potatoes. It brings a tear to any irish mans eyes.

richglanzav

Member +
theres a dude at my old work called gaz...nicknamed him gary guff. u wna know why then just stand with him for a while. u wont ever be the same.

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Rotten chicken fillets, i lost a packet in my Focus before and didnt realise there was a pocket on the back of the seat. It was there bout 4mths. I sold the car as the smell was that bad