injector confusion help?

shawzy

Member +
im just wondering why u can run 250bhp on standanrd injectors (and what size standard injectors are) but if i want 300bhp
i need 550cc injectors?
could som1 explain y.....

Fro

Member +
Aye obviously it's about getting more fuel in but what I mean is that I don't think injectors are categorised by bhp, I think it's more to to with how much boost you are running and how maxxed the injectors are. Iirc standard ones are 295cc but I wouldnt quote me on that!

Not going to lie, I don't really know the answer to your question, I'm just trying to help but I'm sure someone will be able to correct me!

shawzy

Member +
lol cheers m8 well what i would of got to is i have standerd injectors and put full tank of fuel an got 150 odd miles wich is very sh*t
no leaks or anthin ether so with 550cc would it drink more? or my injectors fooked

Rev

Member +
People on stock injectors raise the base fuel pressure with their adjustable regulator so more fuel is delivered. You can also use a bigger opening injector to get more fuel at stock pressure. It seems very efficient to raise presure as the stock starlet pressure is quiet low you get a big increase in flow as pressure goes up. But running at low pressure needs quiet large injectors to deliver a lot of fuel. Both have issues , Raising pressure too much can cause a leak ( fire potentially ) ; Large injectors will have a minimum pressure so they work at idle. I read if you are trying to save fuel you need 550's that have a good spray pattern.

Rev

Member +
lol cheers m8 well what i would of got to is i have standerd injectors and put full tank of fuel an got 150 odd miles wich is very sh*t
no leaks or anthin ether so with 550cc would it drink more? or my injectors fooked

Suggest you check your thermosat

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
where did you find that the 295s are fine up to 250bhp? i max out mine at about 10psi and thats with 3 bar pressure on the rail, so the duty cycle will be lower with higher pressure on them. i dont think im doing anywhere near 250 at 10psi lol.

saying that, thats still with the stock ECU now with 315s in and EMU maybe they wont max out once mapped