injectors, fuel -- information on the stock item

dark_knight

Member +
looking for information on the stock fuel injectors. can anyone confirm these for me:
- part number: (23250) 23209‑11060
- resistance: ? ohm
- flow rate: ? cc
- flow pressure: ? bar

while still on the subject, will injectors from a 4a-ge be a straight fit into the -fte head..? and i'm guessing they are about 210cc..?

dark_knight

Member +
tmi

hehe.. thanks Rev even though this is information overkill.. :D hehe
from what i gather, the stock form injectors are rated at 295cc at about 2.5bar FP..? (what is the stock FP again..?) also from the chart, 4a-ge injectors won't work on the -fte platform coz they are 'square-tipped'..?
it appears that if i were to raise my FP to about 3.5bar, i'd get the stock injectors to deliver 345cc..? or did i misread that..?

dark_knight

Member +
what's the base fuel pressure of a stock -fte engine..? also, would 3sge injectors be a direct fit, including the signal connector..? sounds a bit like overkill for 1bar though..

Rev

Member +
Well figures are kg/cmsquared so 3.48 bar gives 345cc. It is interesting though you can see how some people have achieved more power on stock injectors,
I would listen to Adam . I haven't gone the increased pressure route. There are issues to consider like - Increased pressure can cause less flow at some point, that is why upgrading fuel pump has to be considered as more pressure puts a lot more strain on the pump. A bigger pump will cycle a lot more heat back into the fuel tank in a hot climate like yours. Adam is spot on from everything I read , higher injector duty cycles are less than ideal for a turbo engine ,bigger injectors give less strain and reliability with lower duty cycle at big power. Also . If you are using stock ecu it can not handle more than 20% + or - fuel at 9psi and is already overfueling so a lot of increased pressure will not help idle etc. The thing to work out is how much power you really want and get the best injector available for that.

Last edited:

AdamB

Member +
what's the base fuel pressure of a stock -fte engine..? also, would 3sge injectors be a direct fit, including the signal connector..? sounds a bit like overkill for 1bar though..

I think the stock fuel pressure is 2.3 bar, but on an old tired pump you may not see this. As Rev has said, if you increase the pressure on an old pump it does put a lot of strain on it, and no doubt increasing the pressure probably won't give you much more cc's at the injectors if the pump is tired.
I don't think the 3sge ones are a direct fit, think I see another post a few days ago about someone asking. It's also important to get the correct spray pattern type injectors, poor spray patterns can induce detonation and will hurt power.

If your not interested in changing turbo, I would invest in a newer higher flow rate fuel pump and a fpr. It is possible to increase the flow rate of stock injectors and has been done many times, but anymore than 3 bar fuel pressure I would look to change to a larger injector.

dark_knight

Member +
ok, so then it seems i'm sticking with my stock 'bathroom taps' and need to seek an adjustable RRFPR. any leads on one/a recommended one..?

Rev

Member +
Would suggest you look at posts about keeping stock rrfpr as a fail safe with new rrfpr vs with larger injectors if safic2 fails you have too much fuel as a fail safe.

Rev

Member +
I may be wrong about this but have read posts on tuners suggesting both together depending on setup. I suppose if the a cheap rrfpr gets the pressure wrong you still have pressure from the oem unit for boosting below fuel cut with a defender that only cuts above 12psi. I don't think it would protect if the hks type defender as apparently its cutting fuel all the time so you would be short below and above fuel cut if pressure goes back to stock.