Integra Type R

gv1.3

Admin
Just took one of these out for a good long spin today. Not as good handling wise as I have been told they are to be honest. I got the feeling the gf's celica would easy have it around bends.

Seemed to take a while for the revs to get round the clock but once it heated up she pulled like a beast and the noise of it.... on a standard exhaust... at vtec it screamed! :) Id be well pleased if I had gone out and bought one of them. Such a different drive to the Glanza.

99glanzav

Banned
lol i know what you mean man!i looked at and test drove a few itr before deciding id prefer to turbo the ek9...main reason being that the ek9 in my eyes handles better than the dc2...and miles ahead of dc5...

are you talking of a dc2 or dc5?

gv1.3

Admin
it was a DC2. Vtec arrived at 6krpm... and ROARRRRR :) some sound out of them. up to a ton in a few seconds. They are quite a bit more powerfull then I thought they would be. The power delivery is so different though and I was in 3rd with the foot to the floor and getting nothing until it climbed through the revs then it shifted but very very different to a turbo charged motor

99glanzav

Banned
The power delivery is so different though and I was in 3rd with the foot to the floor and getting nothing until it climbed through the revs then it shifted

lol Very different is right,you allways need to be in the right gear at the right time and drive the f*cking nuts out of them:p just takes a few runs to adapt

gv1.3

Admin
haha dont get me wrong... I adapted very quickly... :) got it sideways on a roundabout and 8500RPM in 4th had it screaming in a suitably attractive fashion :)

gv1.3

Admin
haha I dont meean I got it sideways whilst in 4th at 8500rpm... cause Id probably be dead at that stage but yeah it got a good seeing to :)

You will have to take me out for a blast in the ek9 when the tubby goes on! Ill wear a nappy.

99glanzav

Banned
:p i only realised you said 8500rpm in 4th gear(seems a bit high for a roundabout) but 3rd gear at that rpm is perfectly acceptable on the red cow roundabout in the early hours:) was the dc2 limited to 8500rmp?you should hear mine scream at 9200rpm:flame: its mental!

no problems man,will do!and you wont be the only one wearing a nappy man!!i'll be ordering a year supply of huggies:rockon:

gv1.3

Admin
haha.. well the owner was in the passenger seat so I shifted at 8500rpm... hehe didnt wanna kill it on him.

He has just sold it to a lad who is collecting it tonight so. Gotta love honda engines they sound sexy as hell.

See the NSX thats in the car buyers guides etc for sale by icetronix I think... can only imagine what that sounds like at full trot.

99glanzav

Banned
seen the red one before,my sis's b/f used to drive an nsx and fuck me the noise off of it was crazy!yeah they sound well alright but honda need to produce a turbo+vtec as standard imo:p oh and rwd!

Lee C

Member +
I had a JDM import teg, it was'nt as good as i had heard and a big let down, if fact i sold it after 3 months it was that bad.

gv1.3

Admin
it certainly wouldnt be a car I would move to from my glanza but I guess for a totally standard car it is quite powerfull and charged I would say it would be a beast. I have a taste for something a fair bit bigger to be honest but there are not many sounds in life that are much nicer than a good fart or a vtec honda :) .... or an rx7 :)

99glanzav

Banned
yea i wouldnt buy an itr either...i was offered a straight swap 230bhp proven dc2 for my 198bhp glanza and i wouldnt take it

Chris@CCM

Member +
tegs are cracker cars my mum had one 4 about 4 years not one problem with it . never even had to change the brake pads in the 70k miles she owned it and im pritty sure thay were the same pads in it from new till when we sold it with 105kmiles on it :)

Glanza-V

Banned
this was mine for abit....

200620071297.jpg

had 5Zigen exhaust and sounded amazing

gv1.3

Admin
another problem with them is they are everywhere over here... you probably wouldnt be able to pick yours out in the carpark...

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
I got eat by an extremly quick teg R in navan last week.fuck me that one was fast,a hell of a lot quicker than any other ones i've seen.